American Basketball League - ABL Player Salaries

SugarBear
Site Admin

American Basketball League - ABL Player Salaries

Post by SugarBear » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:35 am

Just curious if anyone knew the true salaries of the ABL players. When the league first was announced it was stated that the salaries would compare to that of the NBA D-league.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/new-basketbal ... -d-league/

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnatio ... ro-league/

With players earning up to $3k a month. Just curious if that was more of the norm and 1 or 2 players per team.

Reason, after reviewing of the abl-hoops.com site, I have noticed that all of the teams are playing at smaller venues (high schools, PAL gyms, etc). They are also charging very low for entrance fees at most locations, which as a fan I think is great.

I believe I saw $7 general admission on one team's site. However, from the pictures I have seen, there were maybe 200-300 fans tops. I was just wondering if the first statements are true. Is the league succeeding in reaching the new markets?

I like the whole premise of the league, thinks it's backed by quality leadership and investors, and I think it can provide more opportunities for players. But I've seen so many promises made to players and when it comes time to deliver, sadly for the players, they usually get screwed in the end.

Just want to see if the league is living up to what it initially promised. I do see some respected coaches are coaching in the league. I would sure hope so.

jmel92501
Site Admin

Fyi

Post by jmel92501 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:34 am

SugarBear
Site Admin

Post by SugarBear » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:46 pm

Thanks jmel

I think I got the answer. I haven't been to the site in about two months. It's past mid-season and no site updates, facebook updates or twitter updates in over a month plus...especially, no responses on facebook to those asking them questions. Right now it appears I see where this league is headed. (Insert Flushing sound now.) It's a real shame, I thought this league could offer real opportunities to players overseas.

I noticed they also removed the Executive Summary section from the website - states (empty). That was where it used to list Steve Haney, Tony Parker Sr. and Kenny Anderson. I wonder what that's all about. Did they bail out on the league? Or are they trying to hide for some reason? Anyone have info what the real deal is?

Return to “General Basketball”