Oklahoma Impact Free Agent Camp

CoachMc
Site Admin

Oklahoma Impact Free Agent Camp

Post by CoachMc » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:12 pm

THE OKLAHOMA IMPACT are a newly named and run franchise out of Oklahoma City,OK http://www.ublhoops.com or http://www.oklahomaimpact.com

Coached by a veteran college basketball coach with 28 years of college coaching experience, NCAA D-I experience, and a National Championship as a head coach on his resume.

They will play in the UBL (United Basketball League)

FREE AGENT CAMP.....Saturday, March 28th......Registration 11:00-1:00pm
Camp begins at 1:30pm at Southwestern Christian University, 7210 NW 39TH Expwy., Bethany, OK 73008

COST: $50.00......made out to Oklahoma Impact....money order, cashiers check, or cash

A minimum of 10 players will be taken from this camp to the official training
camp.

CONTACT: GM/HEAD COACH RICK MCCORMICK office 405-701-0778 or
cell 214-476-2243.

stevemerk
Site Admin

United Basketball League

Post by stevemerk » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:02 pm

Anymore info on the UBL??

CoachMc
Site Admin

Ubl

Post by CoachMc » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:24 pm

From all indications, it will be a stable and a legitimate league. I have a former player who actually owns the OKC team. He begged me to get involved and help him with the aforementioned team. Before agreeing to do so, I traveled to a league event and meet all owners/managers/presidents, etc.
Our situation in OKC will be very solid and well put together by career basketball people. All of the other teams will get through the season, have decent venues in which to play (no Y's, rec centers, middle schools, etc.), and a couple will be well coached with good game management. All of the leadership people are well meaning individuals, just not a lot of coaching, marketing, or business backgrounds.
We (OKC) have given the league a model that can be very successful, and beneficial for the players. With all of that said, the UBL is in a position to do some positive things. It can be somewhat like the USBL, and exceed both the WBA, and possibly even the ever-so-popular ABA.

Return to “General Basketball”