Bandits and Stars in Champ game

The Lone Star Football League (LSFL) forum
Independent
Site Admin

Bandits and Stars in Champ game

Post by Independent » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:18 am

The New Mexico Stars will be traveling to San Angelo Bandits on July 5 for the LSFL championship game. The Rio Grande Sol have been kicked out because they haven't paid league or arena fees.

50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:18 pm

http://www.texaslsfl.com/component/cont ... isuem.html
Due to multiple administration issues the LSFL ownership group felt that RIO Grande Valley Sol have not met their obligations and deadlines to the LSFL in order to be eligible for the playoffs or to host a playoff game. The Championship Game therefore will be played between the San Angelo Bandits and the 3rd place New Mexico Stars at 6:05 on Saturday July 5th at the San Angelo Foster Communication Coliseum. Door will open at 5:00 pm and tickets may be purchased by calling 325-942-3696.

Thank You

The LSFL

aclb
Site Admin

Post by aclb » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:35 am

Wow.....I thought the league was doing pretty well....up until now.
Andy J wrote:

"But they are scheduled for three home games in Miami"

"I was wrong"

"Go ahead and believe whatever. but no pro football league gets paid by a network unless you are the NFL."

"Wrong there is a cost involved in showing the CFL broadcast in the US , the CFL pays for it."

"It could be an agreement to split costs ,it could be agreement to split any advertising revenue in turn ESPN does have the rights to broadcast games, But ESPN does not hand the CFL a check"

MagicFan
Site Admin

Post by MagicFan » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:19 am

RGV Sol still #1!

DCAbloob
Site Admin

Post by DCAbloob » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:14 am

[quote=""MagicFan""]RGV Sol still #1![/quote]

It's a very strange situation with Rio Grande Valley claiming it won its appeal and will host the championship game on the 26th. Meanwhile, San Angelo won the game last night that was fully marketed and played as the league championship game, complete with a trophy presentation. Either the LSFL or RGV is going to a whole lot of trouble to perpetuate a complete fiction.
Last edited by DCAbloob on Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

MagicFan
Site Admin

Post by MagicFan » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:37 pm

It was announced Thursday night on both the local television news and newspaper that the Sol had won their appeal. The only article I have seen from San Angelo came from their newspaper dated July 5th titled--LSFL: RGV still fighting for title. In the article it states that no decision will be made until next week. So I am confused like everybody else.

DCAbloob
Site Admin

Post by DCAbloob » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:18 pm

[quote=""MagicFan""]It was announced Thursday night on both the local television news and newspaper that the Sol had won their appeal. The only article I have seen from San Angelo came from their newspaper dated July 5th titled--LSFL: RGV still fighting for title. In the article it states that no decision will be made until next week. So I am confused like everybody else.[/quote]

The LSFL apparently won its court fight. The Rio Grande Valley Sol are disqualified, the San Angelo Bandits are champions.

http://www.krgv.com/news/lsfl-names-champion/

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:01 pm

Did this dispute make it to court?

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:17 pm

Here's the LSFL's side of the story:
//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=4830098

Another indoor football situation that fails to produce a winner. The SOL obviously lose by allegedly not following through on their obligations. The LSFL loses by having an ownership group that they allege didn't follow through on its obligations.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:37 am

I know a lot of people got torqued off when the Sioux Falls team was charged with forfeits by the IFL when it failed to make Workman's Comp payments, but you can't fool around with that. If the ill-fated EIFL taught us anything, it's what can go wrong when you don't have players insured. If what the LSFL is saying is correct, then it was right in the action it took, and RGV is probably folding.

Return to “LSFL”