Roughnecks go up for sale

The Lone Star Football League (LSFL) forum
FootInBallDoor
Site Admin

Roughnecks go up for sale

Post by FootInBallDoor » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:13 pm

ODESSA -- The West Texas Roughnecks are being put up for sale, owner Dale Morris stated in a news release on Tuesday.
Morris made the initial announcement amongst a private crowd of supporters Tuesday afternoon with a heavy heart, the release said.
"Today is a sad day for me and the Roughnecks organization," Morris said. "I am proud to say that my family has been involved with this organization for nine seasons, including four seasons under our owners and myself as general manager. That's what makes this so difficult for me to say and do."
Morris said in an email on Tuesday he and his family have 30 days to complete the sale of the franchise or will be forced to liquidate all assets separately. He also said they did have someone interested in purchasing the franchise, but didn't get a final commitment. If the Roughnecks can't find another buyer soon, it could put the future of the franchise in jeopardy.
"It would most certainly mean no 2013 season," Morris said, "but I would hope a chance of a return would not be out of reach."
Go Amarillo Venom!

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:41 pm

1. I REALLY hope a buyer is found...they've been solid for so many years, so it would be a shame for them to shut down like this.
2. Whoever buys the team, PLEASE change the name back to the Odessa Roughnecks. West Texas has two other teams now (Abilene and San Angelo), plus it was under that name that the franchise had its biggest sucesses (the winning streak, the Intense Bowl title, etc.)
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Yeah, it would be really sad to see this solid franchise, that's been around for a loooong while, fall apart like this...
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded 1908.
The First and Always The Finest

Permianman
Site Admin

Post by Permianman » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Someone really needs to step up and purchase this team. The team has been in this community for 9 seasons and has done nothing but added to our great football town. Over the years the teams have been competitive, sent numerous players to higher levels of pro ball and most importantly have reached out to kids. There is great entertainment value in the Roughnecks. It has given me something to do that time of year for 9 years. There are so many oil field moguls here that it is unacceptable for me to think this can't be saved. This is Football Town USA, in my opinion. We can't and shouldn't be looking back saying we wish the Roughnecks were still here.
Last edited by Permianman on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSFL”