Mesquite Bandits Over?

The Lone Star Football League (LSFL) forum
jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:49 am

[quote=""BananaCat""]Jones sold the majority ownership to Randy Sanders (former Amarillo Venom owner) and a few months ago she re-acquired the team with plans to bring them back in 2013.[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification BC, hard to keep up with everything. Don't know how you keep up with everything chuckyman unless you're on the road in Texas checking out the teams as they progress. Dittman and Jones have coexisted for years without major problems. 7 LSFL teams with 3 under one ownership has to be a concern even though Dittmans track record good.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:24 pm

[quote=""jerry101jlh""]I agree that to dump the team now, even though late, the best move.[/quote]
Let me make one correction. Not letting an under-qualified owner into the league in the first place would have been the best move. Kicking him out after a schedule has been released, albeit before the start of the season, is a distant second. I've said before that even the best vetting process can't help a league if an owner simply decides not to put any more of his money into his team. I'm not convinced that's what we're seeing here.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:27 pm

[quote=""preeths""]Let me make one correction. Not letting an under-qualified owner into the league in the first place would have been the best move. Kicking him out after a schedule has been released, albeit before the start of the season, is a distant second. I've said before that even the best vetting process can't help a league if an owner simply decides not to put any more of his money into his team. I'm not convinced that's what we're seeing here.[/quote]

Most likely Paul, we'll never know the whole truth, but that's nothing new, nor unexpected. i am sure the LSFL is going to paint this "error" in judgement so that it reflects best on them regardless of any truth not told. to me this is just another example of business as usual in minor league sports.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:30 pm

[quote=""preeths""]Let me make one correction. Not letting an under-qualified owner into the league in the first place would have been the best move. Kicking him out after a schedule has been released, albeit before the start of the season, is a distant second. I've said before that even the best vetting process can't help a league if an owner simply decides not to put any more of his money into his team. I'm not convinced that's what we're seeing here.[/quote]

I'm convinced that's not what we're seeing here.
What are you doing here?

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:38 pm

[quote=""exit322""]I'm convinced that's not what we're seeing here.[/quote]

I'm convinced that exit is convinced lol

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:38 pm

I'm convinced that the honey badger is pretty badass....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:15 pm

I'm convinced Honey Badger has jumped the shark and is an outdated reference these days. :rolleyes:

F'reals-- when you have Old Man Musburger dropping "Honey Badger" left-and-right, you know the reference is beyond its prime. :cool:

treyingeorgia
Site Admin

Post by treyingeorgia » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:45 pm

Guys from what I understand the Mesquite Owner's Financials were impeccable, spotless... the problem materialized when Uncle Sam came knocking on the door and all hell broke loose so to speak. I can't really go into specifics; but, I think you get the drift.

...Paul I will have some stuff to you by Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning to take a look at...

Trey

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:17 am

[quote=""treyingeorgia""]Guys from what I understand the Mesquite Owner's Financials were impeccable, spotless... the problem materialized when Uncle Sam came knocking on the door and all hell broke loose so to speak. I can't really go into specifics; but, I think you get the drift.

...Paul I will have some stuff to you by Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning to take a look at...

Trey[/quote]
If your financials are impeccable, spotless... then why would Uncle Sam be knocking on your door.

treyingeorgia
Site Admin

Post by treyingeorgia » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:33 am

I know... all I know is something went down after the fact and it doesn't look rosy for him... a cell and 4 walls might be on the agenda... that and the way he treated all the Mesquite People at the end was pretty low to begin with..

You know what they say what goes around comes around and in this case it is blowing back on him 10 fold.

Trey

Return to “LSFL”