The Lone Star Football League (LSFL) forum
chuckyman
Site Admin

Post by chuckyman » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:11 am

That's a crazy set of circumstances.

treyingeorgia
Site Admin

Post by treyingeorgia » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:15 am

Chuck the league is so much better off without the guy being involved with them. I have no doubt he would have bailed during the season regardless, he didn't even have the courtesy to sit his people down and tell them face to face.

Instead he stuck his tail between his legs and sent text message's saying " I'm done " and that's it while leaving town like a coward. He never even paid the Coach or GM who were just hired and had relocated to the area 3wks prior.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:22 am

Don't think we know the whole story and am sure anything from the league is going to be spun in the LSFL's best light. I agree impectable would lead one to wonder.

chuckyman
Site Admin

Post by chuckyman » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:27 am

In the end I agree trey better it come out now and nip it in the bud .Be done and move on. I kinda believe it was the same scenario in Danville. In either case another person that wasn't willing to put it out there in a legit way is out the wa now.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:33 pm

[quote=""treyingeorgia""]... all I know is something went down after the fact and it doesn't look rosy for him... a cell and 4 walls might be on the agenda... [/quote]

ahh - with visions of Roughnecks/(Joe) Albert Smith and Mariners/Dwayne Wells dancing in our heads.

newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:51 pm

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]If your financials are impeccable, spotless... then why would Uncle Sam be knocking on your door.[/quote]

Beat me to it, Cabs.

Devil Dawg
Site Admin

Post by Devil Dawg » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:33 pm

[quote=""jerry101jlh""]Don't think we know the whole story and am sure anything from the league is going to be spun in the LSFL's best light. I agree impectable would lead one to wonder.[/quote]

You are right Jerry. Everyone was so quick to assume he could not finance a team and then assume the team folded because of finances. It had little to do with money and everything to do with ethics. He had enough money to start 2 teams simultaneously with the vision of having more in the next few years. The league DID do their homework and thoroughly checked him out finacially. I am glad that the league stepped in quick and did the right thing. I just hate to see a dream of having a team in Mesquite stall for the moment and hope someone else can step in sometime in the near future. I really think Mesquite is a great place for an indoor football team.

chuckyman
Site Admin

Post by chuckyman » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:03 pm

Devil Dawg do you know more on the situation?

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:29 pm

[quote=""Devil Dawg""] Everyone was so quick to assume he could not finance a team and then assume the team folded because of finances. It had little to do with money and everything to do with ethics. He had enough money to start 2 teams simultaneously with the vision of having more in the next few years. [/quote]

You seem to assume that an owners net worth and a team being properly funded are the same thing. Many with enough money to start two teams have failed, but the history of the sport doesn't seem to interest you. If the IRS and ethics are involved it could be possible that the money you're counting was ill gotten and not really his. We've seen that numerous times also.

We've seen millionaires come and go with their cheapskate franchises. We've seen a lot of rich guys dump their football team into bankruptcy and flee in the middle of the night. Just because they had enough money wasn't good enough.

All of them aren't crooks though, some just tire of losing money on the hobby sport and close the doors.

Since you seem to know what happened behind closed doors please tell. They are gone, you no longer like him, he can't tell you to bite your tongue anymore. It was nothing financial? Did the IRS knock on his door? Wouldn't that fall into the "Finances" catagory? Yes, we've been down the path of unethical owners before with their scams, fraud, and embezzlement. You originally loved him, now you hate him, what gives?

Devil Dawg
Site Admin

Post by Devil Dawg » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:39 pm

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]You seem to assume that an owners net worth and a team being properly funded are the same thing. Many with enough money to start two teams have failed, but the history of the sport doesn't seem to interest you. If the IRS and ethics are involved it could be possible that the money you're counting was ill gotten and not really his. We've seen that numerous times also.

We've seen millionaires come and go with their cheapskate franchises. We've seen a lot of rich guys dump their football team into bankruptcy and flee in the middle of the night. Just because they had enough money wasn't good enough.

All of them aren't crooks though, some just tire of losing money on the hobby sport and close the doors.

Since you seem to know what happened behind closed doors please tell. They are gone, you no longer like him, he can't tell you to bite your tongue anymore. It was nothing financial? Did the IRS knock on his door? Wouldn't that fall into the "Finances" catagory? Yes, we've been down the path of unethical owners before with their scams, fraud, and embezzlement. You originally loved him, now you hate him, what gives?[/quote]

I totally agree with everything you are saying because I have seen it first hand. However, He was just getting started with this team and had not yet invested the kind of money others have. I really don't think it would be beneficial to disclose all that went on because there are people that monitor this message board that will know who I am and what sources I use and I don't want to betray anyone's trust or get anyone in trouble. But I can tell you from personal experience that I knew David would not be successful for reasons I can't disclose and was not surprised at all when the news broke. In fact, I knew it was coming before they even had their final "tryout" which angers me even more since the owner only used that tryout as a means to collect a few bucks from unsuspecting athletes. :mad:

Return to “LSFL”