Mesquite Bandits Over?

The Lone Star Football League (LSFL) forum
chuckyman
Site Admin

Mesquite Bandits Over?

Post by chuckyman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:03 am

I'm not starting anything I just wanted to know is it official that the Bandits are done because they have been taken off of the league website completely?

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:14 am

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:55 am

[quote=""preeths""]Yes, it's official:
//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=4348954[/quote]

I guess beggars can be choosers...
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

chuckyman
Site Admin

Post by chuckyman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:37 am

Doubt they were ever beggars, but it is good to see them nipping this in the bud and calling out hawkins and his cronies.

treyingeorgia
Site Admin

Post by treyingeorgia » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:09 pm

As the webaster of the LSFL I thought I'd chime in as well and shed some light on the subject. Chuck was spot on with the Administration nipping this problem immediately; so, the plug isn't pulled after the season has started.

I've read a couple of articles about his other team in the UFIL- Danville and I can tell you it does mirror the Mesquite situation to a " T ". The owner brought in the people to get it up running extremely late and then neglected to market the team properly. The GM for the Mesquite Team had her hands tied from the start due to getting to the show; so, late in the game that every time I talked to her she was hustling for business. It was really an uphill battle for her and from what I understand the owner was know where to be found in the area. When your owner doesn't even live in the city that your team is and doesn't even get out in the field to meet the community it make's it hard for a community to take you very seriously.

The combine that the Bandits put on this weekend wasn't sanctioned by the LSFL, in fact the GM and Coach's were explicitly told not to put on a combine and collect any money. Turns out they did collect monies; but, they did so under a different team name called the " Texas Crunch " which is a Semi-Pro Indoor League in the Texas whose GM was the new GM of the now defunct Bandits Franchise.

I hope this sheds some light.
Trey

chuckyman
Site Admin

Post by chuckyman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:28 pm

Makes alot of since the one of the Coaches of the Bandits was an owner/gm of the North Texas Crunch. So it looks like the IIFA will be rising from the ashes yet again and people will get screwed in this situation. I don't think Hawkins has ever left the State of Colorado out of fear he might get caught and called on his Haines like practices. But I am glad to know the vetted ownership in the LSFL won't tolerate it.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:18 am

Just a question since I've seen several posts eluding to the LSFL kicking Mesquite to the curb because the owner hasn't the funds he claimed. Why in qualifying these ownerships didn't the LSFL do their homework and check out this owner like they should have? Seems to me if they just took his word for having the money, then other ownerships in the LSFL may not be as strong as advertised? I mean a little late in the game to be finding out he didn't have the funds don't you think?

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:30 pm

[quote=""jerry101jlh""]Why in qualifying these ownerships didn't the LSFL do their homework and check out this owner like they should have? Seems to me if they just took his word for having the money......[/quote]
Devil Dawg vouched for him and signed a letter of reference.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:49 pm

[quote=""jerry101jlh""]Just a question since I've seen several posts eluding to the LSFL kicking Mesquite to the curb because the owner hasn't the funds he claimed. Why in qualifying these ownerships didn't the LSFL do their homework and check out this owner like they should have? Seems to me if they just took his word for having the money, then other ownerships in the LSFL may not be as strong as advertised? I mean a little late in the game to be finding out he didn't have the funds don't you think?[/quote]

I think they were just asking the wrong league about their vetting mechanisms.
What are you doing here?

chuckyman
Site Admin

Post by chuckyman » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:09 pm

yeah I'm with Exit on this one. I don't think its a matter of them not doing their homework more so than when the information about Danville got back to them the investigated again and found out the lies and untruths. In either case rolling with seven teams for this year put this them in a better position to be successful when the stampede return in 2013. So all and all I can't say finding out now isn't a bad thing.

Return to “LSFL”