Games cancelled left and right!

The National Basketball League of Canada
(NBL Canada) forum
Minor League Man
Site Admin

Games cancelled left and right!

Post by Minor League Man » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:37 pm

I just saw ANOTHER NBL Canada game get cancelled today (Storm vs. Mill Rats)...hope this is actually made up, otherwise you could be looking like the ABA all over again.
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:37 am

[quote=""Minor League Man""]I just saw ANOTHER NBL Canada game get cancelled today (Storm vs. Mill Rats)...hope this is actually made up, otherwise you could be looking like the ABA all over again.[/quote]

The difference is there actually is bad weather in the northeast. ABA games get canceled because of the drifting $$ in owners' wallets.

misenern
Site Admin

Post by misenern » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:44 am

[quote=""nksports""]The difference is there actually is bad weather in the northeast. ABA games get canceled because of the drifting $$ in owners' wallets.[/quote]

These games have all been rescheduled due to weather, which OP would have discovered had he actually done any research before creating the topic.

Evad
Site Admin

Post by Evad » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:53 am

Another thing that shows the difference between the aba and the NBL of Canada...a web site with an announcement about the game being postponed and rescheduled. The NBL has set itself apart from the rest. In my opinion the NBL of Canada has shown themselves to be above board and have done a great job.

http://nblcanada.pointstreaksites.com/v ... SL2OR2tySo

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:04 pm

So far the NBL has been what I had hoped the other post ABA leagues would be, aside from the Kebs debacle.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:35 am

Thanks for setting me straight...I stopped following the ABA a couple years ago, so please forgive me if I have a hair-trigger reaction to cancellations.

REALLY wish I could delete this thread know-I was a fool for starting it.
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

Return to “NBL Canada”