stable or not?

The National Basketball League of Canada
(NBL Canada) forum
not so fast
Site Admin

stable or not?

Post by not so fast » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:18 pm

I was just asking, is this league really stable or not? Will they make it through the season? I know of some players that has been invited to play there, and one of them to play for Michael Ray richardson (i told him what to expect).

I will say this, the websites look good for the teams, and the league.

(was it frank sinatra who sang "High Hopes")?

time out
Site Admin

Post by time out » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:39 pm

Though there is not a stable league outside of the D-league, of those that exist I would think that stability would be determined by the longevity of its teams as well as ticket revenue and sponsorship revenue. I know each team may have some questions but this league has three teams that have experienced ownership, ticket sales, and sponsorship revenue. I think that nucleus puts this league above all others as far as making it through the season in tact.

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:26 pm

Is it viable in the long term? I have no idea.
But I would be absolutely shocked if we saw a team fold mid-season. 3 ownership groups are proven (Halifax, SJ and Quebec), 3 have big money backers (London, Oshawa and Moncton) and one is located in a municipality that is so desperate for entertainment and recognition that I guarantee that if the ownership group folded the municipal government would float the team for at least a season (Summerside/PEI).

There are also legitimate big time sponsors on board for year one.

south florida basketball
Site Admin

Stable

Post by south florida basketball » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:11 pm

I agree with the last poster! This is the best chance of minor pro basketball working in a long time.. These are all good mid size beautiful venues in mostly good cities.Quebec City is the only questionable venue.The possibility of creating something on a national basis across Canada has the added emotion for everyone to make this work.The cities chosen are not the cities one would choose if there was a perfect world but have good buildings and they can work. As time progresses I don't see all these cities surviving if the objective is to have a national league similair to the CFL in credibility.Eventually if the league succeeds television will dictate that they have to go to the large cities such as are in the CFL.

This is not meant to be negative ! Matter of fact I highly commend the leagur for there wonderful progress and vision.

va_b
Site Admin

Post by va_b » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:37 pm

i think the league will survive. they just need to double their work in promotions.. actually they are surviving so to speak..

Return to “NBL Canada”