Missouri Voodoo

The Ultimate Indoor Football League (UIFL) forum
JeffKuntz
Site Admin

Missouri Voodoo

Post by JeffKuntz » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:47 pm

A team called the Missouri Voodoo have joined the UIFL.. Skimming their website, it looks like they've operated for a few years on the field..

Gives the league a footprint of: Fort Myers, Miami, Corpus Christi, Austin and Springfield, MO.

Schedule set to come out in two weeks, with games slated to start in May.

(The later start is important for the Florida Tarpons for two reasons: 1) a huge financial benefit if they're planning to stay at Germain Arena.. renting that place costs thousands less per game in May ($6,000ish) than it does in February-April ($10,000ish); and 2) and there's much less chance their home dates get bumped by a play-off run by the Florida Everblades (ECHL).)

As for the Voodoo, they play in an 1,100 seat facility called the Ice Park.. maybe a rec hockey league arena.. not sure..

Don't know how it would work for them, but I hope they only make 2 road trips.. one to Texas, one to Florida.. play both teams a few days apart while there.. long way to go and these guys are probably unpaid - or maybe even have to pay to be on the team.. (if anyone knows differently, correct me if I'm wrong)

Return to “UIFL”