Miami gets a head coach, UIFL gets a 4th team.

The Ultimate Indoor Football League (UIFL) forum
50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

Miami gets a head coach, UIFL gets a 4th team.

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:30 am

http://www.uiflfootball.com/news/indoor ... mes-to-mia
Pete Taylor to Lead Inferno in its Inaugural Season

– Indoor football is coming to Miami. The newest team to join the Ultimate Indoor Football League will be the Miami Inferno. Pete Taylor has signed a contract to lead the Inferno in its inaugural season. Arena football veteran Luther Johnson will be joining the coaching staff as defensive coordinator.

The BankUnited Center in Coral Gables, Florida will be home to South Florida’s new indoor football team. The new team will be called the Miami Inferno and will play all of its home games in the BankUnited Center at the University of Miami. The BankUnited Center is located on the campus of the University of Miami and has hosted numerous memorable and sold out events, beyond the university athletic events since its opening in January 2003.

Pete Taylor, the father of the late Miami Hurricanes and Washington Redskins star player Sean Taylor, joins the team as its Head Coach. Taylor is also the Chief of Police in nearby Florida City. Taylor has been around football for many years where he has helped lead teams at many different levels of football starting with the youth leagues and now looks forward to leading a group of professional athletes. Head Coach Pete Taylor said, “I am excited at the opportunity to bring indoor football to the Miami area. I am looking forward to working with my staff to find the best possible talent we can find from this football rich area in hopes of bringing the UIFL Championship to Miami. Joining Coach Taylor on the sidelines will be former Arena Football League player Luther Johnson IV. Johnson will be the Defensive Coordinator for the Inferno and will have the task of trying to slow down the high octane offenses that the Inferno will have to face. “I feel Coach Johnson will be able to guide the defense and teach the players the ins and outs of indoor football. He will be able pass on the knowledge he has gained from his time playing the game,” said Coach Taylor.

The team will be conducting Player and Dance Team tryouts over the next few months with the first of three player tryouts scheduled for Saturday, February 22nd. The second player tryout will be held on Saturday, March 8th and the third and final player tryout on Saturday, March 22nd. The first player tryout will be held at Florida City Park located at 627 NW 6th Avenue, Florida City, FL 33034. Locations for the second and third Player Tryouts and times for these tryouts will be released within the next 2 weeks. Dance team tryouts will be held on Saturday March 29th. The Dance Team tryouts will begin at 6pm.

The team’s inaugural season will kick off on Sunday, May 25th. The full schedule will be released in the coming weeks. Season tickets start at only $75 and are on sale now. The team also has a wide variety of corporate partnerships available. For more information regarding season tickets, corporate partnerships, or tryouts, visit http://www.miamiinferno.com or call 305-433-8585.The Miami Inferno are part of the Ultimate Indoor Football League which started in 2010 and has teams in Fort Myers, Florida, Corpus Christi, Texas, and a soon to be announced team in the Midwest.
Austin Nitro - 4th UIFL team - http://www.austinnitro.com/

Also note from Miami's HC release -
The team’s inaugural season will kick off on Sunday, May 25th.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:30 pm

So where do I sue?
This is the original "NITRO" from a different posting board.
Usually I'm a nice guy but when they try to steal my pen name
that's going to far.
Either they change their name or I wish the evil on them to
fold and not finish the season.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:37 pm

[quote=""DFWCC""]So where do I sue?
This is the original "NITRO" from a different posting board.
Usually I'm a nice guy but when they try to steal my pen name
that's going to far.
Either they change their name or I wish the evil on them to
fold and not finish the season.[/quote]

They'll probably fold even without you wishing evil on them.

gatek99
Site Admin

Post by gatek99 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:50 pm

I wonder who is going to run this Nitro team with not a news flash anywhere to be found.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:36 pm

The original "Nitro" from the CIFL boards.
Nobody, I'm going to let them explode into oblivion.
It is nice to know Austin loves me enough to name their team after me. :lol:

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Good luck to the Nitro!
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded 1908.
The First and Always The Finest

Return to “UIFL”