UIFL section gone?

The Ultimate Indoor Football League (UIFL) forum
50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

UIFL section gone?

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:17 am

I noticed last week that the UIFL is no longer listed under "Indoor/Arena Football Leagues on OSC" news.
I thought the league was going to fold but it looks like they are going to keep going. Hopefully the UIFL will get added back on to the headlines page. :)

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:42 pm

It looks like they replaced it with the "X League". An equally frustrating, and dysfunctional indoor football league concept.... :(
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:14 pm

Realistically, does anybody really consider the UIFL to still be a league with only three teams, two in Florida and one in Texas? I really do not see that the X league is in much better shape, looks like maybe four teams plus a couple of travel teams? I am just amazed how leagues like the UIFL, X, and AIF can continually find suckers to join year after year.

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:34 pm

[quote=""VinnyTheViper""]I am just amazed how leagues like the UIFL, X, and AIF can continually find suckers to join year after year.[/quote]

Not to mention other leagues on these boards over the years. That are busier forming, expanding, over-expanding, and reforming. Than they actually are at building a foundation, and putting a quality product in our areas.

Hence the reason I referred to it as "frustrating" in my eariler post.
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:49 pm

Understood and agree with your assessment.

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:07 pm

[quote=""VinnyTheViper""]Realistically, does anybody really consider the UIFL to still be a league with only three teams, two in Florida and one in Texas? I really do not see that the X league is in much better shape, looks like maybe four teams plus a couple of travel teams? I am just amazed how leagues like the UIFL, X, and AIF can continually find suckers to join year after year.[/quote]Yeah, agreed!! Why is this league even existing at this point?? It's a complete joke!
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded 1908.
The First and Always The Finest

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:48 pm

Now that the UIFL has a fourth team, it looks like two in Texas (Austin and Corpus Christi) and two in Florida (Miami and Fort Myers), there could be a philosphy of keeping the teams going until some other league takes notice of them. The teams that are left in the UIFL, were these the problem teams in previous seasons? My suspicion is that the bad teams were the ones that left for the X-League. The UIFL leftovers really had no options, they got left holding the bag, they can play this season at least trying to keep their franchises viable even though people might look at the league as a joke or shut down and lose evrything. I could see a twisted thought process that somehow the teams in Texas get picked up by the LSFL in 2015 and the teams in Florida end up in the PIFL in 2015.

Return to “UIFL”