Lakeland Raiders leave UIFL

The Ultimate Indoor Football League (UIFL) forum
arenapro36
Site Admin

Lakeland Raiders leave UIFL

Post by arenapro36 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:15 am

The Raiders were formally introduced as the fifth member of the XIFL on Thursday. Lakeland will join the Missouri Monsters, Georgia Rampage, Columbus (Ohio) Beast and the Marion (Ohio) Blue Raiders as current members of the XIFL. The league is hoping to add at least three and up to seven more teams to have an eight- to 12-team league when the season starts in February.

usfldan
Site Admin

Post by usfldan » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:48 am

Just when you thought this league may be a little too spread out... they add a team that is 500 miles away from its closest competition.

With the exception of Columbus and Marion- which may be too close for either's own good- I don't think any existing team is within 400 miles of any other.

My guess is that Florida and Corpus Christi end up moving over as well, but that doesn't really help much.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:19 pm

[quote=""usfldan""]Just when you thought this league may be a little too spread out... they add a team that is 500 miles away from its closest competition.

With the exception of Columbus and Marion- which may be too close for either's own good- I don't think any existing team is within 400 miles of any other.

My guess is that Florida and Corpus Christi end up moving over as well, but that doesn't really help much.[/quote]

There will be minimal, if any, overlap between Columbus and Marion.
What are you doing here?

Hockey
Site Admin

Post by Hockey » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:20 am

[quote=""exit322""]There will be minimal, if any, overlap between Columbus and Marion.[/quote]

I agree. There has to be at least 75 fans in each area.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:06 am

I expect Marion & Columbus will play each other at
least 14 times a season. Two of those to be played
at Slippy's West End Indoor Tennis Court Center built
in a 1932 ex - silent movie theater.
This will be a teaser game to see if Slippy's can support
indoor football without a kicker. They'll use a leftover
Rugby or Aussie Rules football.

Return to “UIFL”