Rampage / Panthers

The Ultimate Indoor Football League (UIFL) forum
Micro67
Site Admin

Rampage / Panthers

Post by Micro67 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:07 am

I attended the least significant game in sports history tonight and had a blast; a pre-season UIFL game.

The venue is small and had the atmosphere of a beer league softball game in some ways, but overall the level of play was higher than what I expected.

Athlete conduct was better than the AIFL game I saw when the Mississippi Mudcats played the South Florida Sting and Sting (away) players were flipping off fans and I think even made a couple of threats. Tonights game had a thrown helmet and a little, low level taunting.

The prognosis (near certain mid season cancellations) is a little better after seeing the game (more than likely mid season cancellations).
http://www.mekongesl.com - sporting information from Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos

gatek99
Site Admin

Post by gatek99 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:51 am

Do you know if Dallas Walker played?

And do you know why there is no wall in the one endzone?

Micro67
Site Admin

Post by Micro67 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:39 am

[quote=""gatek99""]Do you know if Dallas Walker played?[/quote] I think I remember him being announced. The first Rampage player, for whatever reason, wore a Japanese mask of some sort.

[quote=""gatek99""]And do you know why there is no wall in the one endzone?[/quote] There was bare cement just outside of the end zone. There was no medical staff in sight, but the wall on that end was the kind steel barricade you see at parades and stuff.
http://www.mekongesl.com - sporting information from Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos

gatek99
Site Admin

Post by gatek99 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:49 am

I wonder why they didn't just keep putting the wall around that end, makes no sense, unless they ran out of money

arenapro36
Site Admin

Post by arenapro36 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:16 pm

I found some pictures of the field with no walls in the one endzone it looks kinda dangerous
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by arenapro36 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “UIFL”