Was Haines shown the door?

The Ultimate Indoor Football League (UIFL) forum
SugarBear
Site Admin

Was Haines shown the door?

Post by SugarBear » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:55 am

Hello all. Talked to a friend of mine the other day and he told me that Andrew Haines is out of the UIFL from what he has heard. I didn't hear anything about that, so I did a little research. If you go to the league website or the Florida Tarpons site he is no longer listed as an owner on either website.

I also found this on his linkedin site:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewghaines

Says "Past" occupations was Owner of the Florida Tarpons.

Curious to see if anyone has heard anything or saw a press release that I had missed.

Thanks

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:49 am

That's been the rumor, but I still have my doubts. I never trust anything being reported on Haines and it may still be a smokescreen to give the perception to outsiders that he's not running the league or the Tarpons anymore.

He is definitely running the Missouri Monsters in the UIFL though. He's even got some local suckers to buy part ownership in the team recently (his goal is to flip the team for a profit and he's on his way). If he does sell the remainder of the team, the interesting thing is what will happen after that.
Indoor Football Forum .com

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:31 pm

The Monsters are going to be killed by their travel budget.

SugarBear
Site Admin

Thanks Cat

Post by SugarBear » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:38 pm

[quote=""BananaCat""]That's been the rumor, but I still have my doubts. I never trust anything being reported on Haines and it may still be a smokescreen to give the perception to outsiders that he's not running the league or the Tarpons anymore.

He is definitely running the Missouri Monsters in the UIFL though. He's even got some local suckers to buy part ownership in the team recently (his goal is to flip the team for a profit and he's on his way). If he does sell the remainder of the team, the interesting thing is what will happen after that.[/quote]

I knew it was probably to good to be true. :)

I definitely agree with you, he's most likely staying off the radar for awhile.

Thanks again

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:59 pm

All of this has happened before ....
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:23 pm

[quote=""daytonadan""]All of this has happened before ....[/quote]

When I clicked on the message board I noticed Dan was the last poster. Knowing Dan, I did not have to click to already know what wisdom he imparted on us. Dan did not let me down.

agent47
Site Admin

Post by agent47 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:20 pm

The training camp roster is filled with local semi pro players. Appears one of the local semi pro coaches and Haines have snuggled up together to fill the roster. The previous coaching staff that all resigned had put together a nice roster of pro indoor players. Which all left and have signed with other teams. The Monsters product without question will be the worst in St Charles indoor (2001-2009) football history.

Return to “UIFL”