South Florida Sting

The Ultimate Indoor Football League (UIFL) forum
SugarBear
Site Admin

Sorry to hear

Post by SugarBear » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:09 am

[quote=""Stung""]I was only here for a few camp days. Hotel deal expired and we were told to leave. Rumor had it that there was some Miami Hurricane booster set to take over and make the team like the other FL travel squad. No dice I guess. Im out $ and now time. There is a team out of Palm Beach that was suggested and it plays as the uifl Thunder team. Something dont make no sense. Team on east coast playing under west coast name? Somebody help me on that one. Sucks for us and if I ever see the likes of Tom Mitchell again, it aint gonna be good![/quote]

Hey Stung, sorry to hear what they did to you and your guys. Sadly, the indoor game seems to have a lot of fly-by-nighters/aka scam artists at the helm and the good people usually get screwed and left holding the bag.

If I were you I'd stay away from anything the UIFL threw out. Just look at the debacle of a league it has become in its brief history, how many teams - came, went, or never even got off the ground.

I'd personally stay clear of the AIF as well.

The others may be a bit far IFL, CIFL, CPIFL and LSFL.

The PIFL looks like a very stable league with good leadership and ownership that is kinda/sorta in your area. I know they start their season in a week or two, so it maybe kind of tough hooking on now with a team now but might be worth a shot. That's what these guys don't get, it's not just about the money, they screwed you out of time to hook up with a legit team.

All the best to you and good luck with everything.

ps: Did anyone at least have the deceny to call you directly and inform you the team was done? Or did you have to find out thru the hotel?

Return to “UIFL”