Haines resigns as UIFL president

The Ultimate Indoor Football League (UIFL) forum
preeths
Site Admin

Haines resigns as UIFL president

Post by preeths » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:18 pm

According to a league press release, a guy named Dr. Jim Krause is taking over:

//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=4416236

Sounds as if it will be a part-time gig for Mr. Krause as he already has some going concerns.

Sonofanump
Site Admin

Post by Sonofanump » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:48 pm

[quote=""preeths""]Sounds as if it will be a part-time gig for Mr. Krause as he already has some going concerns.[/quote]

Part time or short term?

chuckyman
Site Admin

Post by chuckyman » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:09 pm

They go from bad to worse but I guess it should be expected.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:18 pm

If Haines had anything to do with it,
I don't trust it.
If it was by common consent of the owners
I'll buy it.
JMO

FootInBallDoor
Site Admin

Post by FootInBallDoor » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:53 pm

I think it was from Haines feeling the heat from fans about the way he constructed the league to favor the Tarpons.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:38 pm

But how was the league constructed to favor the Tarpons? Didn't the rest of the South, save Lakeland, essentially collapse? I can't think that's what Haines actually wanted. That's not to say that his team hasn't enjoyed a significant advantage over largely semi-pro and replacement competition, again save Lakeland, but I think all things being equal, league leadership would have rather had a solid South. They apparently were unable to make that happen and appear to have scrambled to save games in the couple viable southern markets they have.

FootInBallDoor
Site Admin

Post by FootInBallDoor » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:47 pm

[quote=""preeths""]But how was the league constructed to favor the Tarpons? Didn't the rest of the South, save Lakeland, essentially collapse? I can't think that's what Haines actually wanted. That's not to say that his team hasn't enjoyed a significant advantage over largely semi-pro and replacement competition, again save Lakeland, but I think all things being equal, league leadership would have rather had a solid South. They apparently were unable to make that happen and appear to have scrambled to save games in the couple viable southern markets they have.[/quote]

Well the league created all these crap teams in the south, and replaced them with even worse semi-pro teams. Now Haines is separating himself from the league to focus on how great his unbeaten Tarpons are. The Tarpons only play south teams. Meanwhile the north is full of three strong franchises (Marion, Erie, and Cincinnati). If Haines wanted what was best for the league he'd dump Johnstown, Rome, Mississippi, Western PA, and just have Lakeland, Florida, EKY, Cincy, Erie, and Marion play in one division. Bite the bullet, it's probably a better long-term business decision to get the bus out and drive north/south for real and competitive football.

That being said, I see your point. Maybe that's not how the league was intended, but that is how things turned out.

daytonadan
Site Admin

Yawn.....................

Post by daytonadan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:46 pm

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again...
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

tops804
Site Admin

Where did this article title come from?

Post by tops804 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:58 am

"Haines Resigns as UIFL President"

...A bit pretentious, as you would think the league would want to more accentuate the positive, not put Haines name in the type...Again.

Those teams in Erie, Marion, and Cincinnati could best join another league and let Florida find new play things in the South. The dirt on this leagues blue print is a little too heavy, to ever let this league be taken seriously again. New league president, new name (which may be next), or new anything else. It's still the same league that dumped teams, owners, sponsors, and fans for two seasons running.
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:47 am

[quote=""daytonadan""]All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again...[/quote]

I don't necessarily think so Dan.I don't believe Haines will have the opportunity to run another league in the future, there fore this will be the last time he is able to step down, hence this won't happen again in Andrew Haines's case.

Return to “UIFL”