Women In Independent Baseball Since 1993

independentbaseball
Site Admin

Women In Independent Baseball Since 1993

Post by independentbaseball » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Last night (July 1, 2016) the Sonoma Stompers (Pacific Association) had two women in the starting lineup. With the attention coming to the team, and understanding Jennie Finch's guest managerial stint with the Bridgeport Bluefish earlier this season plus JJ Cooper's recent Baseball America articles about women in the independent leagues, I have re-compiled the list of women who have appeared in uniform in the independent baseball leagues since 1993.

This list appears toward the bottom of this post (click the link):

http://www.independentbaseball.net/independent-baseball-leagues/women-independent-professional-baseball-1993/

I have included players, coaches, managers and umpires. At this time, the list does not include: owners, general managers, team executives or league executives. That content can be added if enough fans would like that information.

Please help with any corrections or missing names. If names are missing, please private message me with your suggestion(s) plus any supporting documentation like newspaper articles, videos, league press releases (such as older ones here on OSC), etc.

Thank you for your interest and you are welcome to share that post if you think others may find it of interest. Have a terrific upcoming Fourth of July holiday.

independentbaseball
Site Admin

New Sonoma Stompers Catcher Added

Post by independentbaseball » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:13 am

Anna Kimbrell played catcher the other night for the Sonoma Stompers in the Pacific Association. She is now added to the list of women who have appeared in independent professional minor league baseball since the 1993 inception of the independent leagues.

That post can be found here.

Return to “Independent Baseball”