Utica Michigan Ballpark

alkalinefan
Site Admin

Utica Michigan Ballpark

Post by alkalinefan » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Took a trip to Utica to see the new ballpark.I don't see it being ready for baseball in 5 weeks.I could be wrong.A schedule is already posted for a 3 team league.It looks like alot of special nights and giveaways are going to take place.Will there be interest for the fans in a 3 team league?Is this short term before a hook-up with a current league.With all of this being said it is nice to walk around look at the progress made in a short time at the construction site.

oknazevad
Site Admin

Post by oknazevad » Tue May 03, 2016 9:57 pm

Yeah, I just don't see how a three team league where every team plays in the same park will work, honestly. At least not in the long run. With a 75-game schedule, that's 75 games in the same stadium with few off days. That's over saturating the market.

Even lower class full-season affiliated leagues have only 70 home games, and that's spread over two more months. That's a major thing, as it means that potential attendees have breaks to recharge their desire to go. And their wallets.

Ultimately, I do think the owners of the stadium/league are really looking for a spot in an established Indy league. The location does seem well suited to the Frontier League. But then they'd need an expansion mate, unless Gary jumps leagues to the FL, which has always made more sense anyway.

Return to “Independent Baseball”