American West Baseball League

pilots13
Site Admin

Post by pilots13 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:15 am

Someone consciously removed every reference to Michael Cummings and his connections to the founding of the league from not only their website but from their Wiki page. Combine that with the article Indy found and it's obvious that it's more than an assumption and three stooges replying to it. This one has this crazy thing called "facts" backing it up.

Another Cummings project aborted before it saw the field.

riverrider35
Site Admin

Post by riverrider35 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:36 pm

Man this lunkheads character is a real tool. Everyone else here supports their arguments he spills angry rhetoric. Also funny he defends Cummings is still with awbl then someone finds a story to show he isn't. Haha. He says we have no life posting on here. Doesn't he post as well? Has or is this dude ever right. Doesn't seem that way. Awbl dead drop ur scam charging for tryouts no way they play

Lunkhead
Site Admin

Post by Lunkhead » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:24 pm

That link states he resigned from Embark not AWBL, and if you call the AWBL Cummings is still involved and they are playing this year. So, when you jack***** get your story straight post until then go tell stories about others. :eek:

Evad
Site Admin

Post by Evad » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:57 pm

I'd like to take a moment and interrupt this conversation and thank those of you that have made this thread a success. This is the first one, that I've started, to reach 100 replies.

I, like many of you, enjoy minor league sports. With that enjoyment comes a lot of passion and excitement. As more info comes out about the AWBL we will soon see if it'll make it or be added to the long list of "other" leagues on the list of "not happening." I'm not monitoring or suggesting anyone needs to cool it just remember that at the end of the day when you log off O.S.C. to ask yourself "was it worth it?" That is all. Thanks again.

riverrider35
Site Admin

Post by riverrider35 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:48 pm

When Cummings name isn't anywhere to be found. Usually means he's out Wouldn't anyone with half a brain not named lunkheads agree? When one has to resolve to using vulgarity on here. Says a lot about his character. But we wouldn't expect much else now

indyproball
Site Admin

Post by indyproball » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:47 pm

Embark is/was selling stock and also issued press releases telling that Embark owned the American West Baseball League. From looking at the pink sheet websites, Embark has sold stock with the story that the Company is playing baseball this summer.
If Embark's CEO retired from the position, would it not be assumed the CEO has left any Embark job and any job associated with any Embark company?
Why would he still be associated with the league if his name has been removed from the league website?
What position does he still hold?
If he is truly working for the league, an Embark company, and the press release says that the CEO has retired to pursue other goals, and he is still in the league office, I find that misleading.
What phone number can be called to reach a live person at the league? I've called several times and left message and never received a return call.
Is there an actual office I can go to and meet the league?
Last edited by indyproball on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added text.

J.J. Smith
Site Admin

Awbl doa

Post by J.J. Smith » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:01 pm

As the signs point to this league being DOA. Mid April now, and the website is devoid of any updates or schedule. Michael Cummings has resigned as CEO from the company that was behind this, Embark Holdings (formerly Godfather Media and several other names) and seems to have disappeared. The new CEO sells bodybuilding supplements and has not given any indication of wanting to pursue indy baseball anymore.

Now it's time for Lunkhead to chime in with how I don't know anything and what a great league this is going to be.

E-TownCaps
Site Admin

Post by E-TownCaps » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:11 pm

The independent baseball season kicks off tonight (April 18th) with the Atlantic League season playing a full slate of games (four). The American Association, CanAm League, & Frontier League teams will all begin training camps the first week of May, with their regular seasons starting mid May. Goes to show how far behind the American West Baseball League really is.

What I don't understand is how teams, can sell tickets and sucker people into spending money on their product, when NONE of the THREE AWBL teams have a functioning website. Isn't that the first thing you do, put up a website? Doing your business on Facebook & Twitter is amatuer.

jmel92501
Site Admin

hey...

Post by jmel92501 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:31 pm

whats your opinion on wordpress then???
:cool:

SugarBear
Site Admin

E-Town you're correct

Post by SugarBear » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:50 pm

I agree. Especially as a new start-up league. Each team should have had a website up at least 6 months in advance, building their brand, especially if you want to state that you are a professional league. It looks very unprofessional. I know guys in the Can-Am league and they all have been marketing like crazy the last two months already.

As jmel pointed out wordpress is a nice simple option they could go for. However, they'd have to pay for web hosting and maybe they don't have the experience to build a site with that. But even if they wanted to go cheaper and easier than that, use http://www.wix.com or leaguelineup.com - but at least have something out there. You have too.

The facebook and twitter thing will only do so much. Unless they have an amazing grassroots campaign with local schools and organizations already in place. Group outings are a major part to success in minor league sports.

I've worked with and have a number of friends throughout all the professional leagues (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB), I can tell you, our busiest time of the year believe it or not is when the season ends. Everything kicks into high gear approaching local businesses, sponsorships and potential season ticketholders.

As with all leagues that try to get stuff going, I'm a sports nut and I wish them the best but they're starting a little behind the 8-ball already if they're not set up already.

Again, there are free websites out there. At a minimum, put something up.

Good luck

Return to “Independent Baseball”