American West Baseball League

pilots13
Site Admin

Post by pilots13 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:19 pm

I'd like to see them succeed. I just don't have much optimism they will.

Lunkhead
Site Admin

Sun Rays are Proud to announce their Manager and Coach

Post by Lunkhead » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:11 pm

Manager and Coach announced at Las Cruces

http://www.americanwestbl.com/las-cruce ... and-coach/

indyproball
Site Admin

Post by indyproball » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:28 pm

Dead link. Just when I begin to feel somewhat hopeful, there is another problem.

All little things, but this is no way to run a little league, or, pro league.

The website had mentioned first game in May. It's almost April. 3 teams and no offices? Or have the teams got situated into offices by now.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:05 pm

A league that provides an excuse for me to travel to even some smaller Oregon towns to sample local brews (and there are MANY good ones) and catch some ball; that would be cool. Problem is, not only does NWL get some pub, you're not going to get people to leave the WCL behind for a nascent pro league. Such a league needs to get its cheese together. This league only seems to cause more of the wrong talk out here.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Lunkhead
Site Admin

Fullerton Flyers are Proud to announce their Manager and Field Staff

Post by Lunkhead » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:15 pm

Fullerton Flyers are Proud to announce their Manager and Field Staff

http://www.americanwestbl.com/fullerton ... eld-staff/

I have a feeling all of the nay sayers are going to get their words thrown back at them. It looks like these guys are moving forward. I wish them all the luck and success.

pilots13
Site Admin

Post by pilots13 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:55 pm

What's with the "FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENT" at the end of the Sun Rays press release? I don't think I've ever seen that before? Is that their way to justify feeding people lines of BS to make it sound like they are a viable league?

Oh, I also enjoy this line is still being passed around: "The league was founded by Michael Cummings, after acquiring 2 teams which played in another league that ceased operations 30 days after the acquisitions." When the NAL not only played out the full season last year, but they are also playing this season as well (just under the PA and UBL banners).

Lunkhead
Site Admin

Post by Lunkhead » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:42 pm

You truly do have a head full of rocks, the forward looking statement is because they are owned by a public entity. And the NAL is all but gone, the league does not exist and they used the name last year to look like it was legit.

If the NAL exist who is the CEO and Commissioner, why are they playing another adult league in Arizona. And they are playing under the UbL and PAL that is a joke. Damn some people try so hard to know somethings and just can't fake it.

If the NAL is still a league and you can prove that there is personnel, one schedule and all teams are supported by this league with umpires, By-Laws, etc.

I will never post here again, but if I am correct then you never popst here again. Bet I win.

riverrider35
Site Admin

Post by riverrider35 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:47 pm

the ubl and PA have way more validity then the awbl, the darn pecos and freedom have more validity then the awbl, watching this league has been amusing.
first their was 5 or maybe 6 then 4 then back to 5 now 3? its funny I must admit, your going to put a team with Colombians in Orange county? Yea I bet that will work, especially when you can go down the road and watch the Angels and their re-vamp lineup. Are they playing at csuf? Oh and the best part is Jerry Layman and Dan Di Pace involved hahha, now we know that team will be a joke. And Las Cruces are you kidding me, no clubhouse, no batting cages, No BP screen and best no Bp hitting turtle. Also teams cant practice their in spring training. So Now you see the Pecos ran out of their, must mean the market is not good, duhhhhh. Yuma, Owner ran away from their, North County same thing. Get serious AWBL, what happened to your winter league? oh you couldn't pull that off, stop hosting tryouts and signing players and charging them to play for a team in a league that dont exist and most likely wont play.
Then these crooked owners are telling these players that the league owns their contracts, they do this so that they can try and sell them, thus screwing over the players from getting jobs so they can make some money to keep their website running.
Im sure Lunkhead will bash this becuase since beginning has supported the GBL, NAL and NOW AWBL must have a connection their, good for him, but the facts are AWBL is a joke

pilots13
Site Admin

Post by pilots13 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:07 pm

[quote=""Lunkhead""]You truly do have a head full of rocks, the forward looking statement is because they are owned by a public entity. And the NAL is all but gone, the league does not exist and they used the name last year to look like it was legit.

If the NAL exist who is the CEO and Commissioner, why are they playing another adult league in Arizona. And they are playing under the UbL and PAL that is a joke. Damn some people try so hard to know somethings and just can't fake it.

If the NAL is still a league and you can prove that there is personnel, one schedule and all teams are supported by this league with umpires, By-Laws, etc.

I will never post here again, but if I am correct then you never popst here again. Bet I win.[/quote]

I never said the NAL is STILL a league, I said they did not fold 30 days after Yuma and Fullerton bailed like is being claimed on the AWBL site. The NAL officially folded AT THE END of their 2012 season. Then the teams remaining split into two and formed the Pacific Association and the reborn UBL. Lunkhead, you claim to be so knowledgeable about Indy ball. Please tell me I didn't really have to explain all this to you. You know you can use this thing called Google and find out this stuff before you make an idiot of yourself.

Oh, and here is the NAL schedule from last year, you know the league that folded 30 days after Cummings left, That's a lot of games, complete with game results, played in 30 days.
//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... /?l_id=153
And there are plenty of articles all over OSC that talk about the goings on of the NAL last season and how things were being run.

I'd expect a response, but since I proved you wrong I assume you will finally go away and never post again like you said. Bye bye!

Lunkhead
Site Admin

Post by Lunkhead » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Far from proving me wrong I actually saw the letter from the NAL to the owners stating that they were closing down and that there will be no league. Just because some teams played as if they were part of it does not make it so. Again, answer the question who was CEO and Commissioner, also who hired umpires? If you ask the guys in Texas they will tell you they hired their own umpires and that they just played under the NAL name but there truly was no league. And if you ask Hawaii and San Rafael each team provided their own umpires and they just played under the NAL name but again that does not make it a league just a visual thing for people like you. Cummings quit because of the cost to operate a travel team team and a team in Yuma that was slammed by the Winter League oh by the way that is the NAL that did not pay any of their employess, vendors and umpires. So, go away now and show me prove :cool:

Return to “Independent Baseball”