Freedom Pro League

Evad
Site Admin

Post by Evad » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:06 pm

Whats the latest news on the FPBL? I just went to the web site and it looks like they will have two new teams.

Colonel
Site Admin

Post by Colonel » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:51 pm

That was posted last year - the currently plan is to keep with 4 but to have the teams in the Pacific Association (nee: NAL Nee: Golden baseball league) play some games vs the FPBL -- also some have moved stadiums due to the unavailability of the other stadiums -- the league will get around to posting new data --- someday,,,,,

like their schedule

jmel92501
Site Admin

well well...

Post by jmel92501 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:06 am

Colonel
Site Admin

freedom schedule

Post by Colonel » Fri May 31, 2013 11:45 pm

thank you for posting that -- its a big help.

Now to figure out if this schedule is correct or if what the pacific association posted is corrected. I am most interested in the maui baseball team and according to maui they play in goodyear on August 20-24. However. Goodyear says that they play in Vallejo. Hummm -- and trying to figure out which is correct is hard - Maui has no email unless you have facebook. I had them fix an obvious issue before - but I had to call Maui to do it.

Colonel

Colonel
Site Admin

opps

Post by Colonel » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:37 am

I am wrong - the schedule is right ....

8-(

kahunakats
Site Admin

Post by kahunakats » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:42 pm

My neighbor and I went to Opening Weekend festivities in Goodyear, Arizona. Talent level appeared to have improved on the field. There were 20-some fans in the stands.

Colonel
Site Admin

schedule issue

Post by Colonel » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:19 am

I have been going back and forth between the freedom league and the pacific association on the series of games scheduled August 20-25. Maui, Goodyear and Peoria all agree on the same schedule. Hawaii schedule posted seems to me to say that they are playing the Peoria Chiefs (who last I checked played in IL) and then a local team called the Goodyear Gators. (I had to google them - and found that they are a very very good team - of under 11 year old kids) -- hopefully they can give Hawaii a good game or two. Meanwhile Maui says that they are only playing Goodyear not Peoria. Goodyear says that they are only playing Maui and not Hawaii. Peoria says that they are only playing Hawaii and not maui. Hawaii is playing both Peoria and Goodyear. I wrote the freedom league and got no answer. I wrote Hawaii and got no answer. I wrote the pacifcs who said it was not their problem- contact the commissioner Mike Marshall. I did - and tonight I got a response that all of the schedules are correct and Hawaii is not going to IL. But they will play the Peoria Chiefs. The Peoria Chiefs schedule does not show them playing Hawaii.Would somebody please take a look at these schedules and see if I just do not understand the schedules? please ? Thanks

BigSix
Site Admin

Post by BigSix » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:06 pm

I think they just meant to say Goodyear Centennials (a.k.a. Arizona Centennials) and Peoria Explorers (a.k.a. Sonoran Explorers): http://freedomprofessionalbaseballleagu ... all/1/list

Colonel
Site Admin

right!

Post by Colonel » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:49 pm

I agree with that - but when I told them that - they told me that they knew what they were doing... but the schedule for the interlocking series between the two years has Hawaii with one schedule and everybody else with something different ....

Hawaii shows that they play both Goodyear and Peoria

but everybody else says that they play one or the other but not both -- I would hate to drive to goodyear to see Maui play to find that they are in Peoria--

Plus Hawaii starts on August 20th but the other teams start that portion on August 21st -- basicly I was told not to worry about it --it will be sorted out in time - so where do I plan on going?

Compare Hawaii's schedule with Maui and with Peoria/Goodyear for August 20-26 and see if there is a difference.

Colonel
Site Admin

update

Post by Colonel » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:24 am

looks like the freedom schedule has been taken down. Maui seems to have been updated to be the same as Hawaii. Looks like Mike Marshall was right - Hawaii was correct and now everybody else is changing their schedule to be like Hawaii.

I am happy. Now I know where I can find the games I want to see. (Or will be able to if and when the freedom league reposts their schedule)

All will be well.

Return to “Independent Baseball”