Site Admin

2013 nabl season???

Post by jmel92501 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:38 am

is there such a thing???

Colonel
Site Admin

2013 schedule

Post by Colonel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:46 pm

Based upon the last 4 years -- you are 4 to 5 months too early asking for the schedule

Colonel

Dan K
Site Admin

Post by Dan K » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:07 pm

Both http://www.ballparkbiz.com and http://www.ballparkdigest.com report on the new Pacific Association that has broken away from the NAL to form its own league comprised of the 2012 NAL North Division teams.

Colonel
Site Admin

Pacific Association

Post by Colonel » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:43 pm

Apparently - its a go--- however. some places state that a schedule has been drawn up but nobody seems to have seen it.

The California teams will play some games against the Arizona Freedom Pro League and the Hawai'ian teams will play some games in Japan. Those games will count in the PA's standings.

So far, the PA has not been any better than the Golden League or the NAL in giving out information. Heck - the Freedom league was worse last year in proving information about the teams, standings, batting averages - games? Etc

TOROSFAN
Site Admin

NAL a Joke

Post by TOROSFAN » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:26 am

This league has suc*** since it's inception...it will NEVER be a viable league and still owes money to players from 2010, 2011, and 2012 before it changed it's name and the worthless league owners exited. If they do play any games, good luck players. I suggest you look at other independents.
Last edited by TOROSFAN on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: sp
Baseball is Life

Colonel
Site Admin

Schedule -2013

Post by Colonel » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:18 pm

well - a 2013 schedule is out - but between the four teams it is inconsistent - for example - look at June 30th

Maui says they are in Hilo
Hawaii says that they are in San Rafael
San Rafael says that they host Hawaii
Vallejo says they host Maui

My feel is that Maui has posted some wrong dates -- however, since I am not on facebook - I have no way to contact Maui to ask them.... will somebody ask them to check their schedule against the others and to post the correct one on each team's site?

TOROSFAN
Site Admin

Nal

Post by TOROSFAN » Thu May 30, 2013 10:44 pm

unfortunately, nobody cares about the NAL...or the old GBL...Many players have been screwed by both of these leagues and their mgmt. Many many never received paychecks and were lied to...It is best if independent baseball goes away and if you aren't drafted then you are not good enough in the eyes of baseball. Go to Japan and play...more $$, fair people and they love baseball. Get a real job that pays more than 8-900 a month...be real and realize you had your time. Sorry to be so brutally honest, but it's the truth about Independent baseball.
Baseball is Life

Colonel
Site Admin

another schedule screwup

Post by Colonel » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:32 pm

Hawai'i Stars have a different schedule then the teams they play.
no way to e-mail them - you have to call them.

According to Hawaii - they play the Peoria Chiefs on 20-22 August in Arizona. (I think they should be playing the Peoria team of the Freedom League)

Then 23-25 they play the Goodyear Gators (to be sure a very very very good team - but it is an under 11 team) -- I think they mean the goodyear team of the freedom league)

I already had them fix the maui team schedule but now Hawaii is screwed up.

Hard to plan to go to games when the schedule is screwed up.

Colonel
Site Admin

continuing saga

Post by Colonel » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:11 am

Well, I finally found an e-mail address and sent a note to the Pacifics who returned the e-mail to me and told me to contact Mike Marshall the commissioner of the league.

He wrote me back and told me that the schedules are all correct. Would somebody please check me and see if I am right or not. Does the schedule posted on the site of the Hawaii Stars not show that they play the Peoria Chiefs (who play in IL) on August 20-21-22 and the Goodyear Gators (on the 23-24-25)? The Goodyear Gators are an under 11 team in Goodyear. I think that they are trying to say that they are playing both Goodyear and Peoria - but neither the Freedom League nor Maui is saying the same thing. But Mr. Marshall is convinced that I am wrong. He might have a different schedule then is posted but he told me that the one posted is correct. Would somebody please check and see if I am correct - or not? Thanks

Colonel
Site Admin

Mike Marshall

Post by Colonel » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:21 am

So I go to Northern California to see a few games in this league-- have a great time at all of the stadiums -- While wearing a Maui T-shirt -- the owner of the Maui Team comes over and thanks me for supporting his team - a real class act..

Then on July 2d -(my birthday) -- I am over at San Rafael to see the Japanese woman pitch --- I was able to talk to her for a bit -- (I speak very very poor Japanese) but she was sweet and tried to talk to me -- and posed for a picture

So the game starts - and one of the fans sitting near me tell me that Mike Marshall is sitting a couple of rows away -- so I figure - I should go over and introduce myself and explain what I see as a schedule screwup posted by his league -- so I go over and say - Mr. Marshall - can I take a minute of your time -- he says - no - I don't talk to fans during the ballgame -- I said - OK - how about after -- he said I doubt if you have anything to say that would make sense ....

Perhaps I didn't but I did pay to see his league play........

Return to “NAL”