Canadian Speculation

The North Amerian League (NAL) forum
smallballfan
Site Admin

Post by smallballfan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:13 pm

Just need the right owners. Zimbabwe could work with the right owner. Just have to have the right people
Eddie, you're right about that, and it shows my point. There don't appear to be any owners/cities willing to 'just buy a team and have a city build a stadium,' as someone stated earlier. It's just not that easy.

Wasn't trying to provoke anything, just curious about why there's a fixation on something that's apparently never going to happen. Like me getting with Kate Upton although I do fixate on that more than I should.

jdr
Site Admin

Post by jdr » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:50 am

From some reputable sources:

1) They want Edmonton in the AA
2) They want Calgary in the AA

So I'm sure the phone lines have been buzzing.

Both would save extensive bus rides from north to south and south up north. Winnipeg to Laredo/El Paso would be awful.

Ideally they wanted the Capitals ownership group to purchase the Calgary franchise if there wasn't an ownership group from Calgary going to step up.

I guess the question remains if the two Alberta teams want to join the AA. If they want back in a circuit this makes the most sense for them as well as the northern teams of the AA. Not too many teams in that circuit 90 minutes apart.

jdr
Site Admin

Post by jdr » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:43 pm

Reputable sources - 3 front office employees of current AA teams - 3 different teams.

The travel is a a big foot print in that league already, and all of the teams bus it (Winnipeg to Laredo is 2756km according to Google Maps - Sioux Falls to Edmonton is 1986km). I don't think air travel would be 100% necessary if they did some realignment. Especially when you could play two, 4 game series in Alberta or possibly 3 if Ft. Mac joins.

Two weeks on the road is a little longer than usual, but there are a lot of teams in the AA that are spread out a lot further apart that the 2 or 3 AB teams.

G Lindenbach
Site Admin

Move discussion to AA forum?

Post by G Lindenbach » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:11 pm

I don't know why were are discussing possible Edmonton/Calgary move to the AA in the NAL forum - we should probably move our discussion to the AA forum.

Return to “NAL”