Godfather Media starting a league?????

The North Amerian League (NAL) forum
Eddie
Site Admin

Godfather Media starting a league?????

Post by Eddie » Wed May 09, 2012 6:34 pm

Wow...unbelieveable.

Godfather Media probably just killed the thought of a real league stepping in over there. Guess we'll probably see those Canadian teams in the AA after this one. Can't picture Edmonton in either of these backasswards situations.

http://www.ballparkdigest.com/201205094 ... ndy-league

pilots13
Site Admin

Post by pilots13 » Wed May 09, 2012 7:58 pm

Unbelievable is the only way to describe it. Hasn't everything Cummings touched been a scam and ended in finincal ruin? I don't recall the whole story, but he ran that XnE Inc and ran that, and nearly Maui into the ground. It seems to me he had a lot to do with the GL and NAL failing. I was half shocked not to see Tijuana on the list of first year teams. Maybe in a year or so the NAL can swoop in and pick up the few decent teams left behind in the ruins of the AWBL.

//That last sentence is how little I think of the AWBL

Watching Eye
Site Admin

Post by Watching Eye » Thu May 10, 2012 1:07 am

[quote=""pilots13""]Unbelievable is the only way to describe it. Hasn't everything Cummings touched been a scam and ended in finincal ruin? I don't recall the whole story, but he ran that XnE Inc and ran that, and nearly Maui into the ground. It seems to me he had a lot to do with the GL and NAL failing. I was half shocked not to see Tijuana on the list of first year teams. Maybe in a year or so the NAL can swoop in and pick up the few decent teams left behind in the ruins of the AWBL.

//That last sentence is how little I think of the AWBL[/quote]

What a joke ! I want to puke reading this.

FlyerFan
Site Admin

Post by FlyerFan » Thu May 10, 2012 1:37 am

I feel the same... I see nothing but a mess ahead. Hopefully, it will die an early death.

pilots13
Site Admin

Post by pilots13 » Thu May 10, 2012 2:00 am

What the hell, If you have that much faith in the Cummings, then just defend him rationally and don't throw my post under the bus. Your face makes me want to puke. How does that make you feel?

//or you were actually talking about the WABL presser...

phanf4j
Site Admin

Post by phanf4j » Thu May 10, 2012 2:35 am

But Eye, what about all those poor players who won't have a job if you puke on this league?
This idea is no better/worse than the current NAL Northern division.

pilots13
Site Admin

Post by pilots13 » Thu May 10, 2012 3:08 am

[quote=""phanf4j""]But Eye, what about all those poor players who won't have a job if you puke on this league?
This idea is no better/worse than the current NAL Northern division.[/quote]

It's better because in theory, they won't be starting till next year, so they have a full year to get teams and such together.

It's worse because Mr Cummings is in charge.

Watching Eye
Site Admin

Post by Watching Eye » Thu May 10, 2012 8:53 am

[quote=""phanf4j""]But Eye, what about all those poor players who won't have a job if you puke on this league?
This idea is no better/worse than the current NAL Northern division.[/quote]

But Phan,
It's not the case with a new league they never had players, therefore no jobs could be lost. Big difference.

With the NAL there are lots of players that could suffer. Doesn't matter anyway, opinions are like ass..... everyone has one. Mine is the NAL name will be dropped soon and a new Name will be used. New operators will land airline deal for league because the new players are way smarter than the ones that were running things before plus it makes the most sense for any league. Edmonton, Calgary, Saskatchewan join new operators of NAL in 2013 with Fort MC Murray as a traveling team until their stadium is built. All Texas teams play all Texas teams in there own league. But who really knows...
Only time will tell.

Eddie
Site Admin

Post by Eddie » Thu May 10, 2012 11:16 am

I was doubting it before but I think we will see Canada in the AA to join Winnipeg. Edmonton, Calgary and FortMc as a road team if the owner is truly that gung ho about it. Then you can expand from there.

G Lindenbach
Site Admin

Post by G Lindenbach » Thu May 10, 2012 8:03 pm

[quote=""Eddie""]Godfather Media probably just killed the thought of a real league stepping in over there. Guess we'll probably see those Canadian teams in the AA after this one. Can't picture Edmonton in either of these backasswards situations.[/quote]

Agreed. I think the options for Edmonton just narrowed yet again. It's either get into the AA or stay dark in 2013.

Return to “NAL”