Godfather Media starting a league?????

The North Amerian League (NAL) forum
FlyerFan
Site Admin

Post by FlyerFan » Tue May 15, 2012 5:27 pm

Lucy Lou
Site Admin

Post by Lucy Lou » Wed May 16, 2012 4:46 am

Eh? Did I read that correctily? He is going to teach other owners how to run a team? ReallY? All they need to do is look back and see how he ran Maui? How about talking to other owners who were in the league with them. Like Edmonton. If anyone invests that type of money into a team, and not check out the league, is crazy. Edmonton are professionals. At least get their opinions. Wow...this is crazy.

Eddie
Site Admin

Post by Eddie » Wed May 16, 2012 11:47 am

No surprise that bills weren't paid by the previous(same) league. They have a few cities on that list which could work and it would be a shame to see them have the same fate as the past cities.

And outright saying they won't go to Canada when those would probably be the only stable cities was a huge mistake to anyone who follows the mess but as we can see by these articles, not too many follow the trail.

FlyerFan
Site Admin

Post by FlyerFan » Wed May 16, 2012 8:28 pm

Eddie
Site Admin

Post by Eddie » Thu May 17, 2012 11:20 am

Paying debt...ok that is one thing in their favor. Still wouldn't trust them.

Lucy Lou
Site Admin

Post by Lucy Lou » Sun May 20, 2012 4:11 am

I believe Irvine was brought up because there is no intention of paying off the $75,000, owed to CSUF. CSUF is not going to except an I.O.U. So far everything GodFather Media has done, has been done on paper. No money has changed hands and won't, until some investors donate a few bucks.
Did I notice in that one article that sponsorship sales fell from $300,000 to like $2,000, in Yuma? That's one reason they decided not to continue, this season. They are looking for suckers to contribute.
We go to Palm Springs in the winter. I believe the owner of that ball field will not fall into this trap.

FlyerFan
Site Admin

Post by FlyerFan » Thu May 31, 2012 6:01 am

and yet another newspaper article...
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/leag ... l-san.html

BigSix
Site Admin

Post by BigSix » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:02 pm

I'm an outsider here (haven't watched a GBL game since 200 8) , but it seems like the one can't-miss moneymaker the GBL-NABL had was the Arizona Winter League. Now with this split, the NABL has the continuity and the intellectual assets, but the AWBL has Yuma. Are they both going to try to host a winter league in 2012-2013? Will desperate ballplayers be choosing between a Yuma league and a Maui-Hilo league in a few months time?

Evad
Site Admin

Post by Evad » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:56 pm

I don't normally post in this section of OSC, but, I saw this in the local news and I thought you guys might be interested.

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblogs/n ... eague-bas/

"Mission Viejo-based Godfather Media on Friday announced an update on its plans to launch the American West Baseball League, an independent minor league baseball franchise.

So far, the group has announced deals to launch at least four teams, in Fullerton, Long Beach, Yuma, AZ, and in San Diego. The league is seeking to add 2-4 more teams in the southwestern region including California, Arizona, and Nevada."

And this from their Facebook page:

AWBL is pleased to announce the signing of an acquisition agreement between its subsidiary American West Baseball League (AWBL) and James Hoynes for the San Diego, California Territory.

James Hoynes spent a career as an artillery and logistics officer in the United States Marine Corps. He served in various leadership assignments and deployed throughout the globe including Operation Restore Hope in Somalia and Operation Iraqi Freedom in Iraq for 20 months. Following his military career James worked for Lockheed Martin as the Logistics Modernization Coordinator for the Marine Corps’ west coast logistics command at Camp Pendleton, California.

Mr. Hoynes grew up in Winnetka, Illinois just north of Chicago often riding the El down to Wrigley Field to cheer on the Cubs. He attended Ripon College in Wisconsin graduating with a bachelor’s degree in Economics. He also has a master’s degree in Executive Leadership from the business school at the University of San Diego.

James’ personal and professional passion is minor league baseball. His desire is to bring a professional minor league baseball franchise to San Diego County to provide safe, affordable, family entertainment for all to enjoy.

Mr. Hoynes commented “I am very excited to have this opportunity to bring a baseball franchise to San Diego County. The new American West Baseball League is sure to provide a great baseball entertainment venue for residents of all ages.”
Last edited by Evad on Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “NAL”