NAL Tryout

The North Amerian League (NAL) forum
riverrider35
Site Admin

NAL Tryout

Post by riverrider35 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:59 pm

Looks like the NAL tryout will be up in San Raf after they couldn't secure a location in the LA area to host their annual tryout.

Looks like the 2nd year Pecos League was able to get the facility that the NAL couldn't get.

MLB Academy in Compton is pretty legit facility to host a tryout at and great location.
looks like the tides are changing in Indy ball and the death of the NAL is imminent.
The death of the NAL is imminent as IDK IMO if you can ever recover once your league goes down to 4 teams.

Pecos League west coast tryout in Los Angeles

The Pecos League will host their west coast tryout on Monday April 23rd at 10 am in Compton at the MLB Youth Academy. 901 East Artesia Blvd, Compton, CA

Tryout is open to all players with professional, college or High school experience. Graduating college seniors are welcome to attend and participate as well.
The cost of the tryout is 50$ and players can pay and register before the tryout at the field.
The Pecos League is a professional independent minor league that plays in the Southwest of the USA with teams in New Mexico, Colorado, and Texas for this season.
The Pecos league has sent over 70 players to higher leagues and affiliated MLB teams in their inaugural year.
players can can email Chris.Paterson@pecosleague.com for more info.
Last year the tryout saw over half the participants receive spring training invites.

Scouts and coaches from other Professional independent leagues will be invited as well as MLB scouts to attend the tryout.

Watching Eye
Site Admin

Post by Watching Eye » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:58 am

[quote=""riverrider35""]Looks like the NAL tryout will be up in San Raf after they couldn't secure a location in the LA area to host their annual tryout.

Looks like the 2nd year Pecos League was able to get the facility that the NAL couldn't get.

MLB Academy in Compton is pretty legit facility to host a tryout at and great location.
looks like the tides are changing in Indy ball and the death of the NAL is imminent.
The death of the NAL is imminent as IDK IMO if you can ever recover once your league goes down to 4 teams.

Pecos League west coast tryout in Los Angeles

The Pecos League will host their west coast tryout on Monday April 23rd at 10 am in Compton at the MLB Youth Academy. 901 East Artesia Blvd, Compton, CA

Tryout is open to all players with professional, college or High school experience. Graduating college seniors are welcome to attend and participate as well.
The cost of the tryout is 50$ and players can pay and register before the tryout at the field.
The Pecos League is a professional independent minor league that plays in the Southwest of the USA with teams in New Mexico, Colorado, and Texas for this season.
The Pecos league has sent over 70 players to higher leagues and affiliated MLB teams in their inaugural year.
players can can email Chris.Paterson@pecosleague.com for more info.
Last year the tryout saw over half the participants receive spring training invites.

Scouts and coaches from other Professional independent leagues will be invited as well as MLB scouts to attend the tryout.[/quote]

Don't throw rocks when your league lives in a glass house ! Quite frankly the Pecos league sucks and I would rather play in a league that has 4 teams than ever be caught playing in the Pecos League. What is the salary cap ? Just saying !

riverrider35
Site Admin

Post by riverrider35 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:25 pm

you mean a team that has 3 teams and ???? for a fourth, and also a league that not only is in shambles but bounced checks to all their coaches in the AWL and to the hotels and everyone else? Ya you go play in the NAL and tell me how that is working for you.
If Pecos is so bad then why are NAL coaches begging them for jobs? and why are NAL franchises asking to join the pecos? Umm I think the tides are changing in the western landscape of indy ball.

Watching Eye
Site Admin

Post by Watching Eye » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:09 am

[quote=""riverrider35""]you mean a team that has 3 teams and ???? for a fourth, and also a league that not only is in shambles but bounced checks to all their coaches in the AWL and to the hotels and everyone else? Ya you go play in the NAL and tell me how that is working for you.
If Pecos is so bad then why are NAL coaches begging them for jobs? and why are NAL franchises asking to join the pecos? Umm I think the tides are changing in the western landscape of indy ball.[/quote]

Don't really think so.

Only teams in NAL looking, live in Texas, who refuse to play anywhere but Texas. Shouldn't they just call it, the Texas only cause we wont travel league. You never did answer the question, so I will ask again. What is the salary cap for the Pecos League ?

The people who bounced the checks have been bounced as well from what I hear. I will play in the NAL, because the other option's aren't any better either. I think with the new partnership that has been formed to save the NAL will survive this year and they will be back to a top notch league to play in for 2013. Pecos = Summer league college ball at best. Don't get me wrong, everyone needs somewhere to play, just not for me!
Last edited by Watching Eye on Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “NAL”