The North Amerian League (NAL) forum
E-TownCaps
Site Admin

Yuma Panthers

Post by E-TownCaps » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:47 pm

Pretty brutal name change.

http://www.yumasun.com/news/new-76533-t ... thers.html

http://www.yumasun.com/sports/yuma-7654 ... -team.html

If they want to go a new direction in attracting fans, why not let the fans help pick the name through a contest of somthing of that nature.

Lunkhead
Site Admin

Post by Lunkhead » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:17 pm

I don't think it matters, they just need to bring greta entertainment and put s good product on the field and Garry Templeton always does.

FlyerFan
Site Admin

Its gonna be bad...

Post by FlyerFan » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:55 pm

The same owner who messed up and walked out on St George and left Maui year 1 owing money to everyone on the island and off... this guy is bad news. BAD. I have a few other names, but probably not a good idea to post. You can change the name, Mike, but the smell will still be the same...
I feel sorry for the fine fans of Yuma, have some very good memories of games watched down there... good luck to them (the fans). If anyone buys shares in the team ($1000 a crack) just kiss it goodbye, last you will see of it...

Lunkhead
Site Admin

Post by Lunkhead » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:16 pm

[quote=""FlyerFan""]The same owner who messed up and walked out on St George and left Maui year 1 owing money to everyone on the island and off... this guy is bad news. BAD. I have a few other names, but probably not a good idea to post. You can change the name, Mike, but the smell will still be the same...
I feel sorry for the fine fans of Yuma, have some very good memories of games watched down there... good luck to them (the fans). If anyone buys shares in the team ($1000 a crack) just kiss it goodbye, last you will see of it...[/quote]

Very interesting comments, now from my understanding they made it through the season and some guy named Pettigrew screwed things up and then left the island from illness, probably I am a dumba** and then they went through 3-4 GMs and the attendance went down by 50%, lost an office mgr because they did not pay her. So discuss what you know. And I hear the St. George deal was for a week and he wised up to the fact you can't make money there and gave the team back to the previous ownership. And now what is the story with fullerton my dear Flyers fan, you sat out last season and now it looks like the same this year. So, please do not make comments about things you know nothing about.

Lunkhead
Site Admin

Post by Lunkhead » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:02 pm

I also heard this pettigrew character brought his son over to be the GM and that he could not manage himself out of a papersack. And then I also heard that the Dad spent most of his time at the bar and that one of his players/sales rep just smoked pot all day. So, I think you should not take it out on the past management that founded the team but maybe the management that acquired the team :-D

smallballfan
Site Admin

Post by smallballfan » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:46 pm

1. Who is Pettigrew?
2. Gee, certainly nothing defamatory there.
3. The current management is the past management in a different polo shirt. The three people in Yuma who might actually give a crap know this. Unlikely they'll fool the rest of the fans and sponsors again.

Says something that their GM from last year would rather be unemployed than work for this bunch.
Last edited by smallballfan on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Texasrangers13
Site Admin

Post by Texasrangers13 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:52 pm

I love the fact that they call the public ownership of shares an innovative idea. In this case, there is no incentive to invest...Why would you bother?

Also it is far from the first minor league team to offer this as an incentive.

smallballfan
Site Admin

Post by smallballfan » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:47 pm

True, the Green Bay Packers offered public investment something like 93 years ago.

Lunkhead
Site Admin

Post by Lunkhead » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:49 pm

From the sound of it smallball has bashed everybody in the league since they started posting so I will take what he says as a very unhappy individual with no life

smallballfan
Site Admin

Post by smallballfan » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:45 pm

Lunk,

Really not so much bashing as pointing out the obvious smokescreens and double talk that has pervaded the GL for years. The Yuma deal is a perfect example.

I would think this:
the GM and that he could not manage himself out of a papersack. And then I also heard that the Dad spent most of his time at the bar and that one of his players/sales rep just smoked pot all day.
Would not only be construed as bashing, but could probably be something one could get sued about, as it's posted in a public forum. The things most of the posters here point out are not things they 'heard' but things that are documented fact. Like the stability and value of Godfather Media stock.

My only concern with the GL is that I've had friends who have been directly burned by the group there, and really think anyone who gets involved with these people need to take a look at who they are and how they do business. Some of them have gone on to better things but some have given up on this great industry, thinking the GL way of doing things is normal. Good people who would like to make an honest living in ownership or management look at what goes on in this league and turn away, and it's not right.

Pretty sure there are few people who read these threads, but perhaps someone who is looking to invest money or work for these people need to do a little more research before they take that step.

Also, I am very happy (especially since I'm not involved with the GL and have moved on to work for honest people) and have an extremely happy life. It's quite galling to see what these GL people have done to the game in which I work, which is really the only reason I care enough to post here. I see these things continue to happen and perhaps in some small way point them out - it appears I'm not the only one doing that.
Last edited by smallballfan on Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “NAL”