San Rafael Pacifics

The North Amerian League (NAL) forum
Texasrangers13
Site Admin

San Rafael Pacifics

Post by Texasrangers13 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:54 am

Alright, serious question. The Pacifics seem to have a solid group behind them...with one core issue. They list The Marshall's as Manager and Asst. GM. They announced this and presented Mike Marshall as manager on November 10. 17 days later, Milano United, the IBL team owned by Sports Business Journal's John Genzale announced Marshall as the manager and said he and his wife were moving to Italy in early 2012.

So what gives?

phanf4j
Site Admin

The Marshall's

Post by phanf4j » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:56 pm

If this is true, it is not surprising. What could these 2 highly professional bb folks do for a team who's stadium capacity is around 800? Not going to last long.

Texasrangers13
Site Admin

Post by Texasrangers13 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:25 pm

smallballfan
Site Admin

Post by smallballfan » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:08 pm

The Marshalls have been Kaval and Outcalt's lap dogs for years. Have to think if they're jumping ship to go to a fly by night thing like Italy it can't be good for the NAL.

Has anyone seen any good news coming out of the NAL lately, maybe that Ft. Worth thing? A schedule, firm team list, anything? I see what their website lists, but many the teams (Calgary, Fullerton, Chico) are illusions. Don't know much about the status of the Texas teams. Seems like they'd be putting out some sort of information if they want people to buy tickets and ads.

BigSix
Site Admin

Post by BigSix » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:21 pm

I went by Albert Park last month while visiting friends in the area, and:

-The neighborhood is fantastic
-The field looks a bit uneven
-I confirmed what the satellite photos seemed to indicate... there's a dirt softball diamond in center field as of right now.
-The seating for now is between the bases, covered and netted in to protect spectators

The city is close enough to the Bay Area to have the discretionary income available, but far enough away that families live there. I'd love to watch a game at Albert Park, but I'm still not sure how the neighborhood will handle traffic and parking. My friends take their daughter to a day care adjacent to the ballpark, and they say traffic is a mess whenever there's a kid's birthday party there.

Texasrangers13
Site Admin

Post by Texasrangers13 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:59 am

And so it gets worse, Mike Marshall has left Milano United and joined Carminucci Sports Groups' Grossetto Franchise.

Return to “NAL”