NABL 2012 Season

The North Amerian League (NAL) forum
E-TownCaps
Site Admin

NABL 2012 Season

Post by E-TownCaps » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:22 pm

Well it's another offseason for the NABL with more question marks than the last. I'm going to put on my CEO/President hat on and tell you what I think should happen in 2012.

This league has to have some credability no more junk of owners not paying staff, players etc. You can't have teams packing up shop halfway through the year that's bush league.

The NABL has some good franchises in place, not many but their is some.

The teams I look to shape the league in 2012 are:

Edmonton - Most stable team in the NABL

Calgary - I know the team is in a big mess with Conrad screwing the staff/players and not paying bills but Calgary is a big market and someone will step up and buy the team (The Parkers, Calgary Flames or Stampeders, and maybe Daryl Katz who owns the Capitals).

Fort McMurray - Many people might not know that they were awarded a team from the league after Craig Tkachuk president of westpro productions bought the former franchise Victoria Seals. While they may not have a stadium for 2012 they could play as a road team or if the Calgary situation does not work out look for them to maybe play out of Calgary for the year.

Chico - While the team released it's manager and staff the league owns the team. I expect a lease with the city will be worked out just like every other year.

Maui - New GM, owership finally seems to be solved I look for Maui to have a stong 2012.

The expansion teams for 2012 look to be San Rafael (Pacifics) already awarded a franchise. Long Beach Armada and Orange County both last played in the GBL. While it would be great to have both, Orange County might be the only one to come back.

As for Yuma it's time to scrap the franchise, no fan base, and it's way to hot in the summer to play ball down there.

I don't know all that much about the teams in Texas but I think they will fall under the NABL this season. I look for San Angelo, Edinburg, Rio Grande, McAllen(maybe), and perhaps Fort Worth. They will again play there own schedule, and meet the NABL North in the Finals. One thing the NABL could do is have a allstar game in Yuma halfway through the year, with the North playing the South.

North:
Edmonton
Calgary or Fort McMurray
Chico
Maui
Orange County or Long Beach
San Rafael

South:
San Angelo
Edinburg
Rio Grande
McAllen?
Fort Worth?

BigSix
Site Admin

Post by BigSix » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:05 am

With the exception of Maui, this seems like a much more rational, feasible circuit.

riverrider35
Site Admin

Post by riverrider35 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:19 pm

In the south Ft Worth will join up with these teams, also look for Alexandria to come back in this league and also possibly Laredo. Watch for these people to make a big push to get Laredo away from the AA which Idk if its finalized deal yet. If Alexandria and Laredo comes in, watch fro the United league to reform and possibly ditch the NAL, the owners of the United league haven't always been the most trustworthy guys, so karma, or some twisted events they screw over Outcalt and NAL and ditch him reforming their own league. This Leaves the NAL alone to maybe reform the Golden League or keep the NAL name and run a western states league.
Watch for Outcalt to make a run or 2 in AZ at PHX area suburbs such as Scottsdale and Mesa. We have heard Long Beach and Orange County, these teams tanked bad last time maybe they get one for a stop go team for the year.
Also wait to see when Cal League shakes out, as soon as they ditch High Desert (Victorville), or Bakersfield then Outcalt will surely run in and take one of these. This could be a year away still.
And last but not least the market coveted by Indy ball on the west coast. Palm Springs stadium. Could finally happen this summer or the next.
Other options floated out there San Luis Obispo (SLO) has had rumors.

places that would make sense but wont happen

Laughlin. Nevada
Flagstaff, AZ
Pueblo, Co since the Pecos will not be there this year.
Farmignton, NM
Bisbee, Az check out how nice the stadium is and would help with Yuma travel partner.
Portland, Or
Medford, Or
Twin Falls, Id
Kamloops
Kelowna

AZdev
Site Admin

Nabl

Post by AZdev » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:46 pm

First off the Texas Teams should distance themselves from the NAL and reform the ULB. They could play a championship series against the NAL, afterall that is exactly what they did last season.With a few new possibilities in the region, they do not need the NAL.
For the NAL - Edmonton
Chico - (they recently did renew another lease at Nettleton for another year.)
San Rafael
Yuma
Maui
Ft McMurray Road team...so far 6 teams.
Hopefully Calgary can field a team.
I see no evidence that Orange County and Long Beach are even outside longshots.
Palm Springs would be great, but they have been mentioned for years by this league and gotten nowhere.
Tucson is a possibility. The Toros court case against the city of Tucson takes place in early Dec. If they are successful I think they will field a team.
Hadn't heard about teams in the Phoenix Area.
Hopefully they will not try to revive a Tijuana team, but I always have that feeling that they will make another comical attempt.

skippy
Site Admin

Post by skippy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:15 am

I'm thinking that Canada is going to go out on it's own...

Colonel
Site Admin

Other places

Post by Colonel » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:42 pm

I am not sure about Scottsdale or Mesa -- but I would love to see a team in Prescott and Phoenix Muni. When I was in Maui earlier this season -- the ownership group was talking about an -all Hawai'i Division -- Maui, Hilo, A team or 2 on O'ahu and perhaps on Kauai.But we will have to see. At that time, Maui owned the rights to Orange County.

nksports
Site Admin

Say what

Post by nksports » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:59 am

Team website wrote:"the league brings affordable family entertainment to over 2 Million fans each season"
from the League website via point streak: TOTALS: 0 642,963 373 1,724

That's off by about 1.38 million. If you're going to fudge the numbers, at least don't leave the evidence lying around.

BigSix
Site Admin

Post by BigSix » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:26 pm

I was all set to mock the Maui-to-Fort McMurray road trip as "two planes and a four-hour bus ride" but it turns out that WestJet flies into both Maui and Fort McMurray. I'll save my snark for another post.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:00 pm

[quote=""BigSix""]I'll save my snark for another post.[/quote]

To paraphrase an internet TV web site (Television without Pity): "Spare the snark and spoil the league."

MrBaseballTX
Site Admin

What A Joke!

Post by MrBaseballTX » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:51 pm

Anyone inside the professional baseball arena understands exactly what a joke the NABL has become. Talk about fantasy team owners hanging on so they can boast they own a baseball franchise. Unpaid employees, unpaid bills, lawsuits, liability issues, non payment of sales tax and payroll taxes...and the list goes on. Pick a team and I'm sure one of those fits. NABL and ULB....perfect marriage of liars and losers. Could be the next reality show matchup for "Biggest Loser(s)".

Return to “NAL”