NABL 2012 Season

The North Amerian League (NAL) forum
smallballfan
Site Admin

Post by smallballfan » Sat May 26, 2012 6:30 pm

I heard the other day the San Rafael management group has the rights to a team in Chico. Any true to this?
Having 'rights' to a team anywhere means nothing if the league you have the rights in is going out of business. Wouldn't you think that if Chico were a viable NAL market that they wouldn't have left in the first place? They were one of the most successful teams in the league before, weren't they?

Having 'rights' to a team in the NAL doesn't prevent anyone else from going in there in a different league, even the Yuma people, and trying to make it go there.

If it is true it's probably like the Yuma people having 'rights' to all those NAL markets they supposedly bought last year before they left the NAL. Means nothing, looks nice in a headline.

I just bought the rights to a Blockbuster Video franchise in Sioux Falls, SD. I paid for it with a billion shares of Braniff stock.

smallballfan
Site Admin

Post by smallballfan » Sat May 26, 2012 6:45 pm

Just looked at the NAL site. Never noticed that the players on the top are wearing Chico and Yuma Scorpions uniforms, and that Calgary, Chico, Edmonton and Yuma are all on the logos at the top. Can’t find a college kid somewhere to fix that?

pilots13
Site Admin

Post by pilots13 » Sat May 26, 2012 10:05 pm

[quote=""smallballfan""]Just looked at the NAL site. Never noticed that the players on the top are wearing Chico and Yuma Scorpions uniforms, and that Calgary, Chico, Edmonton and Yuma are all on the logos at the top. Can’t find a college kid somewhere to fix that?[/quote]

You left out the best part, the Henderson Roadrunners logo is there too. Henderson never played a game ever in the NAL.

indyproball
Site Admin

Post by indyproball » Sun May 27, 2012 4:28 am

I'm sure money is owed to the webmaster...so updating the looks of the site won't happen...

Colonel
Site Admin

Website

Post by Colonel » Sun May 27, 2012 5:24 am

It might be operator error but when I try to look at it -- it says that it is out of bandwith...... :mad:

Eddie
Site Admin

Post by Eddie » Sun May 27, 2012 12:50 pm

[quote=""smallballfan""]Having 'rights' to a team anywhere means nothing if the league you have the rights in is going out of business. Wouldn't you think that if Chico were a viable NAL market that they wouldn't have left in the first place? They were one of the most successful teams in the league before, weren't they?
[/quote]

They should have paid their bills including rent for the ballpark.

Colonel
Site Admin

Maui

Post by Colonel » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:10 pm

Maui News says over 2,800 attendance last night....

8-)

Colonel
Site Admin

boxscores-- heck scores!!!

Post by Colonel » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:34 pm

You think NAL is bad - here in Phoenix we have the Freedom Pro Professional League -- its hard as all get out to find out what the scores of the games were - when I contacted them - they told me that they were working on it -- and someday, perhaps soon, they will list the scores of the games ----several games have had 60 people attending - no programs-- no rosters --- and 110 degree weather -------

Yet, I hope it suceeds - in spite of itself

Colonel
Phoenix

smallballfan
Site Admin

Post by smallballfan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:02 pm

So what you're saying is they're averaging roughly 1,600 a game.

Sorry, had to - we all know they aren't going to make it, just had to stick ya one.

Traylblazr
Site Admin

Post by Traylblazr » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:03 am

I guess the board monitors delete your screen name if you haven't posted in a couple years, so I start over.

So far, my prediction of the Fort Worth Cats and San Angelo Colts being set up to be the two best teams in the south of the NAL is holding form. When I saw the rosters and how this league's schedule is set up, it's pretty obvious that Bryant and Pierce, the owners of all six South teams have this set up for FW and SA to play for the title.

FW and SA both have 56 home games, while Abilene and RGV have 32 or 34 (I went thru all six teams' schedules) home games instead of the traditional 48/48 split. Take that and considering the South is nothing more than UBL 2.0 and with their two biggest draws back in UBL 1.0 (Laredo and Amarillo) getting snatched up by new ownerships in the AA, that left San Angelo and Fort Worth expected to draw the big crowds and prop up the rest of the league.

Apparently the owners thought they could bring in a lower quality brand to Fort Worth and charge the same high ticket and parking prices as last year and have the 3-4K a night the Cats used to get while in the AA. Kudos to the Cats fans who are seeing thru all this and staying away. What I've seen in person, it looks like a level of ball barely above a collegiate wood bat league and the Frontier league.

The owners have to be more than a little nervous putting a lot of money and advertising into this team and only seeing 1,200 a night in Fort Worth. Even when the heat isn't a factor right now, and the team is in first place.

Return to “NAL”