End Near for Fielders?

The North Amerian League (NAL) forum
stg2010 front office
Site Admin

Post by stg2010 front office » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:16 pm

yeppers, nksports. you got it right.

Why the GBL/NAL would even TALK with this guy about a franchise defies credulity...until you remember that the GBL is involved. Then, it all makes sense.

The idea is to make up-front money in franchise fees, NOT to create a viable entity. Keep rolling the ponzi scheme around the board--at the expense of vendors and anyone else left holding the empty bag, but even worse, at the expense of players who don't get paid and who get jerked around by the team and the league.

This should be a no-brainer, folks. You don't get a franchise unless you can post a bond for the season expenses including rent, wages and salaries, ALL travel expenses, INCLUDING meal money, baggage fees, cab/bus fares, and a REAL operating expenses amount; balls, bats, umpire fees, game day staff, the whole nine yards. You would have to have travel arrangements accounted for to the extent it is possible BEFORE the season starts.

This will not happen because the existing scheme would immediately blow up in the faces of the the GBL front office.

It's a damn shame for the innocent parties involved--the players chasing the dream--that scumbags can take advantage of them and throw their hands up and say "hey, it's not MY problem".

ca
Site Admin

lets build a pk ...

Post by ca » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:17 am

w/o any $$$ in a loop that is a travel fiasco , is this another installment of dumb and dumber ?

WallysWorld
Site Admin

Post by WallysWorld » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:53 pm

I really feel for the Fielders' players as all they wanted to play was baseball and the team was darn good on their giant road trip to begin the season. I also feel for the Zion fans, but with good ownership, would there be enough fans in Zion to make the Fielders viable? Again, I make the point of good ownership.

I also feel for the rest of the NAL teams and especially those teams that are run really well like Calgary, Edmonton, Chico, the Texas teams and even Yuma. I keep on seeing comments painting the entire NAL as being a joke when there are many teams that are run well.

stg2010 front office
Site Admin

Post by stg2010 front office » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:55 am

so this evening's game is cancelled because...
...they don't have enough game balls.

No, I'm not kidding.

they have some, but just a few. So they decide to go with worse than little league balls. Guys hit 'em and it's like hitting a rag ball. Doesn't go anywhere and flattens where they hit it.

Gets to the second inning before the Calgary manager and the ump decide that's it.

Pathetic.

Think the league will step in and pick up the pieces for the the sake of the players and the people who have tickets?

Think again.

Outcalt should sack up and take charge of this league. Tell that scumbag buddy of his, Kaval to take a hike and run this thing like a legit operation. for the good of the franchises and players.

Try it, Kevin, you'll be able to look yourself in the mirror again.

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:26 pm

An update on the story that "stg2010 front office" mentioned...

http://www.sportsgrid.com/weird-but-tru ... baseballs/

Fun quote from Calgary's Chad Ehrnsberger:
My first at bat, I was actually telling myself to not hit the ball hard cause it wasn’t gonna go anywhere. Instead I tried guiding the ball and dropping it in front of the outfielders. We were all embarrassed, as were the umpires.
They apparently did find enough real baseballs for the rest of the weekend series, save the part that was rained out.

Texasrangers13
Site Admin

Post by Texasrangers13 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:36 pm

Who wants to bet LC "arrives" in Maui with a ghost-team of local hawaiians (Ala the SIFL and IFL).

J.J. Smith
Site Admin

Post by J.J. Smith » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:01 pm

Would not put it past them. This entity called the "Lake County Fielders" has lost all meaning anyway. Not one player or coach from last years team was back for this season. The makeup of this team changes by the day after the first team was fired/traded/released. Some of the better players they picked up for version 2 are already gone. They don't get paid. They are on a 14 game losing streak. So call in the local community college players and have them give it a go.

Round Lake Illini
Site Admin

Post by Round Lake Illini » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:44 am

Here's a local article about the Friday night debacle. There are some priceless quotes in here from Ehrenreich:

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2011 ... 708099971/

How about that Sunday attendance - 149! Some family reunions are bigger! :D

J.J. Smith
Site Admin

Post by J.J. Smith » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:25 pm

Since this is the last homestand for Maui, and they are in last place and must be losing more money every day they exist, why not send the Knuckle Princess out to play the rest of the games with locals all dressed up in Maui jerseys? You wouldn't even have to pay the locals, just let them keep the jerseys so they can have proof of their bragging rights to have at one time been "professional" baseball players. I've come to the conclusion that that's what it's really all about for most of these guys anyway.

As the song goes...

I had a friend was a big baseball player
back in high school
He could throw that speedball by you
Make you look like a fool boy
Saw him the other night at this roadside bar
I was walking in, he was walking out
We went back inside sat down had a few drinks
but all he kept talking about was

Chorus:
Glory days well they'll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days

smallballfan
Site Admin

Post by smallballfan » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:32 pm

Love the quote from Eisenriech's letter. He must have been trained by Fox News. No matter what the story is, turn it around to make it sound like you're not supporting the troops - THAT will get people on our side!

"Ann Coulter here, reporting that players are upset with the quality of baseballs in Illinois. If they only supported our boys overseas this kind of liberal whining would not be happening!"

Sad that this train wreck is happening but guess its true, people can't take their eyes off a train wreck.

Return to “NAL”