End Near for Fielders?

The North Amerian League (NAL) forum
J.J. Smith
Site Admin

End Near for Fielders?

Post by J.J. Smith » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:40 pm

More signs that it’s about over for this franchise…

-Actual attendance down to around 100 per game for Tuesday, Wednsday and Thursday; maybe 400 on Friday night. Of that total (700), probably half are season ticket holders, so actual gate revenue for four games probably in the neighborhood of $1000 total!

-Long scheduled fireworks night abruptly cancelled out of concern for disturbing the neighbors. That’s Fieldersspeak for the pyro company wanted their money upfront, so …

-AM 1220 radio pbp man Qumar Zaman gave an explanation of what’s really been going on this season on the air and then quit. Up till now, he’s avoided saying much about it. “Q”, as he’s known as, is a good at the job, and I hope he finds a better employer next time around.

-Second half of double header with Chico for Sunday cancelled without reason. No money for air travel-need to get started earlier for LONG bus trip to Yuna for game on Tuesday?

-Fielders trying to lay blame on Zion for their money problems. See Ballparkdigest.com for the links.

-Growing awareness in the area of the true nature of the ownership/management of this franchise. They are slow learners, for sure, but the truth is revealing itself to them now. Not paying the players really came back to bite them. Facebook has been powerful in getting the truth out, something Ehrenriech didn't have to contend with when he's done this in the past.

All in all, I have to doubt that the team will make it through the month extant. Will the league take them over as a road team, or just cancel their remaining schedule?

gamecocks
Site Admin

Fielders end is near.......

Post by gamecocks » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:02 pm

Funny to hear you say " will the League take them over " ???? ya right , as if Kevin Outcalt or his band of Tijuana Owners have real capital - mmmm think again. - When K.O. quoted " it was bizarre what happened in L.C. with Tim leaving '' - - K.O. knew the whole story from second 1 , as he always does . Dave K still has his Plain Dealer greasy hands on this sorry league even from SJ Earthquakes office {fight for another day says D.K.} . Neither Yuma nor Maui or of course L.C. will live or see another game - NAL GBL or whoever will stall payroll on next turn . or K.O. will quote the ever famous " a wire just came into Wells Fargo" .....and this is how the Olympic swimmer ROLLLLLS.......

J.J. Smith
Site Admin

Post by J.J. Smith » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:33 pm

gamecocks, I don't know what the league has or doesn't have-I'm just throwing the question out for discussion. I guess a third option would be to transfer Lake County's remaining schedule to another location, such as Tuscon. I heard that Tim Johnson works for the Yuma people now, and they were going to try to put another team together, asap.

Back in Zion, another dismal crowd on a beautiful Saturday night. 12-1 loss to Chico. Not going to be easy for them to find any pitching at this time of the season, especially when it's well known now that you probably won't get paid.

Here's an article about two that escaped to greener pastures...

Saltdog newcomers happy to be out of the dumps

http://journalstar.com/sports/baseball/ ... 2212e.html

GoCyclones!
Site Admin

Post by GoCyclones! » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:26 pm

Wow, thanks for the info on this. This is a complete embarrassment. Where is the commissioner on this one? It's a black eye for this league with a dubious history already...

GoCyclones!
Site Admin

Post by GoCyclones! » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:27 pm

Also what did the radio announcer say was going on?

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:28 pm

[quote=""J.J. Smith""]Saltdog newcomers happy to be out of the dumps

http://journalstar.com/sports/baseball/ ... 2212e.html[/quote]

And to think, nearby Omaha wants one of these teams to play in a 24,000-seat stadium.

phanf4j
Site Admin

Post by phanf4j » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:31 pm

Cyclones, you cannot embarrass the owner OR the commissioner!

J.J. Smith
Site Admin

Post by J.J. Smith » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:14 pm

[quote=""GoCyclones!""]Also what did the radio announcer say was going on?[/quote]

Here's a link to it...

Audio: Minor League Announcer Quits On Air

http://www.mediabistro.com/sportsnewser ... air_b11885

GoCyclones!
Site Admin

Post by GoCyclones! » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:30 pm

That's gangsta

BigSix
Site Admin

Post by BigSix » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:03 am

The applause at the end is classic. I wonder if the applauders were blocking the door to the broadcast booth while he was giving his speech.

Return to “NAL”