Playoffs?

The North Amerian League (NAL) forum
lion24
Site Admin

Playoffs?

Post by lion24 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:07 am

Playoffs?.....Playoffs??!! oh sorry, just wondering if anyone knew how the playoffs work? Is it each division winner only, or wildcard teams as well?

WallysWorld
Site Admin

Post by WallysWorld » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:12 pm

Top two teams in each division at the end of the season.

Baseball Dad
Site Admin

According to NAL Rules:

Post by Baseball Dad » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:22 pm

6. Six teams qualify for playoffs -- winners of each division plus teams with the next best overall season record meet in a double-elimination North American Championship Series tournament. Tie-breaker of head-to-head record shall be used in the event of any ties in the standings.

Go Vipers!

WallysWorld
Site Admin

Post by WallysWorld » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:34 pm

I stand corrected! Thanks for that info, Baseball Dad.

Baseball Dad
Site Admin

Well..I guess not

Post by Baseball Dad » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:57 am

Hey Wally - I heard Patrick say on the webcast last night that the 2 division champs would play for the championship. I guess the league needs to re-write their rules. So, I stand corrected.

Go Vipers!

J.J. Smith
Site Admin

Why Even Bother

Post by J.J. Smith » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:54 pm

Does it even matter who is the NABL Champion? I mean, Lake County, the first place team, just hired a nearly entire new team, didn't pay the old team, and the league is OK with that? Last night they played in front of a crowd of about a hundred. And the new, thrown together team won! This is professional baseball? Calgary and Edmonton are just trying to keep their hopes of landing a MiLB team alive, and are probably bankrolling a lot of league expenses. So lets just crown them both co-champions and give them something for their benevolent investment.

Baseball Dad
Site Admin

Post by Baseball Dad » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:58 pm

I sincerely feel for the guys in bad situations. And yes, there are major issues with the running of the league and some teams. But you know, there's still a bunch of players and personnel out there giving it their all every day.

AZdev
Site Admin

ULB should split NAL

Post by AZdev » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:33 am

Edmonton vs. Rio Grande Valley for the NAL Championship. At least they are having a traditional 7 game playoff! The only thing is all 7 potential games are to be played in Edmonton. Real nice for the fans down in Harlingen, TX!!!
I would like to make the point that the 4 teams from the ULB were/are not really in the NAL. None of these teams played any team outside of themselves. No team from the North division went to Texas and played a game. For that matter, Yuma who is listed as a member of the South division, never played any of these teams either.The ULB teams have been completely seperate from the rest of the league all year until this Championship series. It's like they are 2 different leagues. I'm not complaining, as this has worked out well for the ULB teams.They do not need the NAL. Let's also go ahead and put Yuma's record in the North
division standings because after all, those are the teams they played..Official stats be damned.How can you be in a division and not play one game against one of your division rivals? Only in the NAL...

J.J. Smith
Site Admin

Post by J.J. Smith » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:21 am

Here's the newest development in the "make it up as we go along" league...

SAN ANGELO COLTS: Nine Colts head to NABL title series

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/se ... le-series/

AZdev
Site Admin

Post by AZdev » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:32 pm

Wow!! I shouldn't be suprised I guess, but I still am.This league just continues to defy everything a legitimate Baseball League should be about.I didn't think they could top last season's hi-jinx,but this year was even worse.
I have to admit it has been entertaining reading about their exploits the last couple of years, but at the same time they are a disgrace to independent baseball.

Return to “NAL”