Radio recap 2011-05-10

The Continental Basketball League (IBL) forum
" The Shadow"
Site Admin

Post by " The Shadow" » Wed May 11, 2011 2:49 pm

That phone line is attached to 50 lines for show. I can hold up to 50 callers to that one line!!!

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed May 11, 2011 2:58 pm

[quote="" The Shadow""]That phone line is attached to 50 lines for show. I can hold up to 50 callers to that one line!!![/quote]
Having 49 people on hold is not particularly helpful. A press release can be read by far more than 50 people at a time and can be read whenever is convenient for them.

" The Shadow"
Site Admin

Post by " The Shadow" » Wed May 11, 2011 3:05 pm

[quote=""preeths""]Having 49 people on hold is not particularly helpful. A press release can be read by far more than 50 people at a time and can be read whenever is convenient for them.[/quote] No Preeths, i mean if they all would of called, and told my screening guy that they were from the MESSAGE BOARDS, he or i would have put them ALL ON together, OPEN FORUM!!! Board can handle that! And you are right those things should have been done sooner, but i explained why they weren't...

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed May 11, 2011 4:02 pm

But as I explained, it just isn't reasonable to expect a group of widely scattered people, all with their own schedules across different timezones, to call at an appointed time, particularly in the early evening on a weeknight. It just isn't practical for many. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to denigrate the radio show or anything like that, but it doesn't take the place of regular team and league communications, particularly through press releases. The CBL cannot change the past. Let's see how it deals with these matters moving forward.

AlextheGreat
Site Admin

Post by AlextheGreat » Wed May 11, 2011 5:26 pm

[quote="" The Shadow""]Well lets see if you are true to your word "Alext the great"!! Weren't you the same guy calling league about coming in from Clarksville and then DISAPPEARED? If so, you have my number, call me and lets get this site going and everything else you have to offer! Hows that store front coming along with the Clarksville appreal? You should of put team in and help us from that standpoint instead of on here!![/quote]

Ahhh. You are close (very close in fact) but no cigar. I am partners with the person you spoke with. I was going to be partners on that venture as well. I will keep this as un-detailed as possible, so not to hurt the league. The league started wanting to move quickly on a decision, which we understood. However, we were then called by Gary Perry. First time we had spoke to him. So we googled him and read about some financial struggles he had. Which, once again, was not a big issue because people are entitled to a few bad business choices.

So we tried to contact the commissioner to make sure we were all on the same page. Also finding it weird that we had been accepted as a team but never spoken to the man in charge. After several failed attempts we came to the conclusion that the CBL did not have the proper structure in place to succeed. I think this was a fair assessment since we couldn't even get the commissioner to return an email. Not that we wouldn't join in the future but not at its current state. For all we knew Dennis Truex was the minor league basketball version of "Weekend at Bernie's".

The offer I made on this page still stands. Any of your teams with crappy or no websites I will build them a website, cover the hosting, and set up a stat program. I will do anything to help but flush thousands of dollars down the drain because there is no chain of command.

" The Shadow"
Site Admin

Post by " The Shadow" » Wed May 11, 2011 7:52 pm

[quote=""AlextheGreat""]Ahhh. You are close (very close in fact) but no cigar. I am partners with the person you spoke with. I was going to be partners on that venture as well. I will keep this as un-detailed as possible, so not to hurt the league. The league started wanting to move quickly on a decision, which we understood. However, we were then called by Gary Perry. First time we had spoke to him. So we googled him and read about some financial struggles he had. Which, once again, was not a big issue because people are entitled to a few bad business choices.

So we tried to contact the commissioner to make sure we were all on the same page. Also finding it weird that we had been accepted as a team but never spoken to the man in charge. After several failed attempts we came to the conclusion that the CBL did not have the proper structure in place to succeed. I think this was a fair assessment since we couldn't even get the commissioner to return an email. Not that we wouldn't join in the future but not at its current state. For all we knew Dennis Truex was the minor league basketball version of "Weekend at Bernie's".

The offer I made on this page still stands. Any of your teams with crappy or no websites I will build them a website, cover the hosting, and set up a stat program. I will do anything to help but flush thousands of dollars down the drain because there is no chain of command.[/quote]

Well Alex, your partner has my number, i will be glad to fill you in on all pertinent info! Call league office and ask for me, usually i'm around the office. We would welcome your help!!!! Did you listen to show?

" The Shadow"
Site Admin

Post by " The Shadow" » Thu May 12, 2011 12:09 am

[quote=""AlextheGreat""]Ahhh. You are close (very close in fact) but no cigar. I am partners with the person you spoke with. I was going to be partners on that venture as well. I will keep this as un-detailed as possible, so not to hurt the league. The league started wanting to move quickly on a decision, which we understood. However, we were then called by Gary Perry. First time we had spoke to him. So we googled him and read about some financial struggles he had. Which, once again, was not a big issue because people are entitled to a few bad business choices.

The offer I made on this page still stands. Any of your teams with crappy or no websites I will build them a website, cover the hosting, and set up a stat program. I will do anything to help but flush thousands of dollars down the drain because there is no chain of command.[/quote]

This the template that your(you) partner sent to me before, http://nationwidemedia.info/cblmock.html. Is this what you had in mind?

AlextheGreat
Site Admin

Post by AlextheGreat » Thu May 12, 2011 6:47 am

no. If you want me to design a mock let me know and I can have one up tomorrow evening.

" The Shadow"
Site Admin

Post by " The Shadow" » Thu May 12, 2011 1:27 pm

[quote=""AlextheGreat""]no. If you want me to design a mock let me know and I can have one up tomorrow evening.[/quote]

Please do!!

AlextheGreat
Site Admin

Post by AlextheGreat » Sat May 21, 2011 2:10 am

My apologies for not getting back with you. My mother passed away unexpectedly this past weekend and I had to leave out of town. It will take me about 24-48 hours to get caught up on the work I missed. However,I will get you a draft this weekend.

Return to “CBL”