Two division league?

The Continental Basketball League (IBL) forum
LightningMan
Site Admin

Two division league?

Post by LightningMan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:19 pm

With ten teams, I'm thinking we'll have a north and south league or a Florida non-Florida league with Savannah and Birmingham with the three NC teams.

Of course, it would have been nice to coordinate all of this simultaneously.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:30 am

Here's what I see:

DIXIE DIVISION
Birmingham Sabers
Cary Invasion
Fayetteville Crossover
Savannah Wildcats
Wilmington Sea Dawgs

SUNSHINE DIVISION
Florida Flight
Gainesville Galaxy
Heartland Prowl
Miami Stars
Palm Beach Titans

Please drive home safely.
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

AlextheGreat
Site Admin

Post by AlextheGreat » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:02 am

It seems like the CBL is picking up steam. I hope, and have no reason not to believe, that these new teams are quality owners. The league is too small and the season is too short for them to be able to endure more than 1 team folding.

With that said, the league needs to hire a logo designer. This league has the worse group of logos I have ever seen. Most of them are clearly free stock art and bad word templates. Even the ABA has some cool logos in the league.

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:48 am

[quote=""AlextheGreat""]With that said, the league needs to hire a logo designer. This league has the worse group of logos I have ever seen. Most of them are clearly free stock art and bad word templates. Even the ABA has some cool logos in the league.[/quote]

Just don't hire the one that Andrew Haines uses. If I see that Mon Valley Thunder guy in one more logo I'm going to barf...

A big problem today, is with so many names and cities used in the past decade. It's really hard for the same designer to come up with something unique.

If the CBL can add two more teams. Maybe we could see three, four team divisions. In any case, Birmingham seems to be stuck on an island compared to the other nine right now.
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

AlextheGreat
Site Admin

Post by AlextheGreat » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:38 am

I did not know who you were talking about so I looked it up. Found this wikipedia article and I must say that is the funnies owner names I have ever seen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mon_Valley_Thunder

In regards to logos, I know creativity can be tough. However, let a pro do it. I would be willing to bet that not more than two teams had the logo done by a possessional. That Palm Beach Titans logo is in the running for the uglies ever and the Galaxy may be number 2.

I like a lot of things about the CBL but their logos and websites are EBA bad.

Return to “CBL”