Birmingham Sabers 2011 ...

The Continental Basketball League (IBL) forum
The Magician
Site Admin

Birmingham Sabers 2011 ...

Post by The Magician » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:19 am

Last edited by The Magician on Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:39 am

I haven't heard or seen any. This seems to be a failing of a lot of the CBL members aside from the Flight and the Sea Dawgs; they do nothing to remind you they're out there outside of the season. Do something and send a press release about it. Don't let people forget about you just because you're not playing.

The Magician
Site Admin

Post by The Magician » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:07 pm

[quote=""LightningMan""]I haven't heard or seen any.[/quote]

Hey Munson, what's the scoop?
Last edited by The Magician on Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Magician
Site Admin

Dance Tryouts

Post by The Magician » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:24 pm

Dance Tryouts for the Saber Girls upcoming on January 22, 2011
http://sabergirls.blogspot.com/

YouTube saberdancer's Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/sabersdancers
Last edited by The Magician on Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Love Pro Hoops
Site Admin

Cbl

Post by Love Pro Hoops » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:11 pm

It will be interesting to see how the sabres do,I hope they have a great year,I still want to see a merger with the WBA and CBL it just makes sense on every level.With a merger they could be on to something special.

The Magician
Site Admin

Post by The Magician » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:14 pm

Hey Sabers ...

Here's a possible 'outreach' opportunity for your organization.

Crenshaw: Fans not showing up for city hoops games
Solomon Crenshaw Jr., The Birmingham News, December 29, 2010 10:01 p.m.

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/art ... ops-games/

Help bring the excitement back to Birmingham City Hoops!
Last edited by The Magician on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:30 pm, edited 7 times in total.

The Magician
Site Admin

Post by The Magician » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:49 pm

[quote=""Love Pro Hoops""]... I still want to see a merger with the WBA and CBL ... [/quote]

I'm thinking, it may be more likely for the WBA and the CBL to help in the development and structure of the minor league game, by being independent of each other.

My impression is that the CBL may be looking to establish a league that is made up of owner/operators who will make a more substantial time and financial $ investment in their teams, organizations, and will be more determined to establish and grow their markets within their respective communities. This may lead to a larger league imprint across the southeast.

As for the WBA, I believe they should concentrate on solidifying the league and operations by capitalizing through a smaller SE imprint. Being the league's base is largely representative of Georgia, I would focus toward expanding that core base to more GA cities, and look only to expand to those cities; in bordering states (FL, AL, TN, SC, NC); that are close in proximity. This would keep travel to a minimum and allow coaching staffs to spend more time developing players and allow a greater amount of time for those teams to be involved in the community.
Last edited by The Magician on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 21 times in total.

The Magician
Site Admin

Post by The Magician » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:17 pm

Received a quick word that the Sabers Team Tryouts should be coming up soon! :)

wellington
Site Admin

Post by wellington » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:30 pm

[quote=""The Magician""]I'm thinking, it may be more likely for the WBA and the CBL to help in the development and structure of the minor league game, by being independent of each other.

My impression is that the CBL may be looking to establish a league that is made up of owner/operators who will make a more substantial time and financial $ investment in their teams, organizations, and will be more determined to establish and grow their markets within their respective communities. This may lead to a larger league imprint across the southeast.

As for the WBA, I believe they should concentrate on solidifying the league and operations by capitalizing through a smaller SE imprint. Being the league's base is largely representative of Georgia, I would focus toward expanding that core base to more GA cities, and look only to expand to those cities; in bordering states (FL, AL, TN, SC, NC); that are close in proximity. This would keep travel to a minimum and allow coaching staffs to spend more time developing players and allow a greater amount of time for those teams to be involved in the community.[/quote]
Great points Magician. I was one of those who wanted to see a merger between the CBL and WBA, but as you said, it is probably best for them to remain independent. Both leagues can co-exist and give players multiple options -- it isn't like it has to be an antagonistic relationship.

Also, you are right about the WBA keeping a tight geographic footprint -- extensive travel is a budget buster. As of right now, it looks like the WBA will be a metro Atlanta league along with Franklin.

Love Pro Hoops
Site Admin

Cbl

Post by Love Pro Hoops » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:02 am

[quote=""The Magician""]I'm thinking, it may be more likely for the WBA and the CBL to help in the development and structure of the minor league game, by being independent of each other.

As for the WBA, I believe they should concentrate on solidifying the league and operations by capitalizing through a smaller SE imprint. Being the league's base is largely representative of Georgia, I would focus toward expanding that core base to more GA cities, and look only to expand to those cities; in bordering states (FL, AL, TN, SC, NC); that are close in proximity. This would keep travel to a minimum and allow coaching staffs to spend more time developing players and allow a greater amount of time for those teams to be involved in the community.[/quote]

That's a great point.Does anyone of the leagues develop players and move them up??? At this point which league is better??? Any word on expansion teams from either league???

Return to “CBL”