Post by nksports » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:03 am

nksports
Site Admin

When it rains, it pours

Post by nksports » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:05 am

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:02 am

[quote=""nksports""]That's not true Sam. I heard the ABA has kept going for years out of spite for you.[/quote]

To quote Joe Newman, "Spare me."
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:32 am

I'm of the belief that USSF doesn't openly court lawsuits against it. Hence the screwy 2010 compromise league and then last year's dual D-2 sanctioning.

This doesn't happen without a majority of the owners telling USSF they're out. At least that's my semi-educated guess.

As long as most of the teams find a home somewhere (and there's no lack of opportunities), it's not a big loss.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:42 pm

Saw something the other day (SI I think) that said the remaining NASL owners are discussing their options, which includes appealing the decision or trying for another waiver, or even going "outlaw" (giving up their US Soccer membership and sanctioning), which means they would be cut off from the open transfer market worldwide.
It also sounds like it's the Cosmos and Miami owners vs. the rest of the world. (The same two who are suing the MLS in Switzerland over pro/rel, since they don't have and don't want to pay the $$$$ to play in the MLS).
Those two seem to be the ones going rogue. The rest of what will remain of the league seems open to a merger, or working relationship with US Soccer and the USL.

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:46 am

(giving up their US Soccer membership and sanctioning), which means they would be cut off from the open transfer market worldwide.

NK, do they really need it? if the model is to sell player contracts as value added edition to the team probably, but as an outlaw group probably not but they would need to model whatever concept they use as a stand alone production featuring quality players.

As of today exactly what does the MSL add to the plate, USA soccer is still not a true player on the world stage, simply look at Man U. and Barc. invade the grounds if they thought the market place was closed they would not cross the red line, the U.S. can't enter those markets.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:41 pm

I smell another $3 judgement coming up:
http://www.espnfc.com/north-american-so ... ry/3208590

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:19 pm

[quote=""suge night""](giving up their US Soccer membership and sanctioning), which means they would be cut off from the open transfer market worldwide.

NK, do they really need it? if the model is to sell player contracts as value added edition to the team probably, but as an outlaw group probably not but they would need to model whatever concept they use as a stand alone production featuring quality players.

As of today exactly what does the MSL add to the plate, USA soccer is still not a true player on the world stage, simply look at Man U. and Barc. invade the grounds if they thought the market place was closed they would not cross the red line, the U.S. can't enter those markets.[/quote]

Dude, the world model involves selling on the player. The player, by the way, in this environment, counts on that. That's what makes the player more money.

A rogue NASL won't be able to get good players. It's that simple.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:31 pm

Pounder-Dude, the world model involves selling on the player. The player, by the way, in this environment, counts on that. That's what makes the player more money.

A rogue NASL won't be able to get good players. It's that simple.

Pounder, Lets take a closer look at that inflated model, on the world stage those teams have exactly how many players per team that really are the scorers (one per team) sometimes two the other guys simply run around and play keep away.

Now could the NASL get players good enough to do that? probably just without the over hype, this is an outside the box question I asked NK based upon the article, soccer pays way to much for a single player but for now the model still works as those butts in the seats are limitless and the TV contracts are crazy money deals.

I'm not suggesting the NASL can ever get those over hyped named guys, but a solid second or even third level guy will be good enough to draw crowds within the NASL model, that's all I've suggested and in that setup they don't need to be sanctioned by any other governing body, its a different world today as to who will watch what.

Return to “NASL”