Indianapolis?

The North American Soccer League (NASL) forum
Otis Campbell
Site Admin

Indianapolis?

Post by Otis Campbell » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:55 pm

I am hearing that Indianapolis is trying to get a franchise. Has anyone else heard this?

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:15 pm

Peter Wilt is openly promoting the idea on Twitter.

I haven't looked into it enough to know if there's a stadium plan or if, like the Blast, they'd play at Kuntz. I'd been there once... 5,200 for the main stadium? Probably plenty of room to expand, but the city owns it. Since other facilities in NASL are bigger, I wonder if it's worth that effort. Interesting prospect, except I recall the Blast having a rocky road when they moved up from PDL.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Otis Campbell
Site Admin

Post by Otis Campbell » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:31 am

I doubt they would play at Kuntz, probably play at IUPUI which is where the HS state finals are played. The Butler Bowl would be another possibility. The Indy Daredevils played there many years ago.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:50 pm

[quote=""Otis Campbell""]I doubt they would play at Kuntz, probably play at IUPUI which is where the HS state finals are played. The Butler Bowl would be another possibility. The Indy Daredevils played there many years ago.[/quote]

Um... I looked over at the IUPUI website curious to see this place. Their website says they play at Kuntz.

Butler Bowl has an impressive look... but an owner wants to sell beer. I think that can happen at Kuntz but not Butler Bowl. Anyone know for sure?

Otis Campbell
Site Admin

Post by Otis Campbell » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:20 pm

The possibility of a team in Indy is picking up steam. The Business Journal has had an article and 2 TV stations have talked about it.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:41 pm

Peter Wilt was just congratulating Indy Eleven on 7,000 season ticket deposits.

SEVEN THOUSAND.

Congratulations indeed.

Return to “NASL”