af1 games on the NFL Network now official

The ArenaFootball1 (AF1) forum.
Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:52 pm

[quote=""peculiarmetal""] i don't understand this naysaying and mean spirited competition. I hope all these leagues can thrive and continue to provide us with a great sport. I wish the ifl, the sifl, and whatever alphabet league out there the best.

I'm pulling for the afl because that's who has teams in the cities i care about. That's all. I'm from lousiana and live in dallas. So, i'll be going to a couple of battlewings games in shreveport and a few vigilantes games in dallas. Doesn't mean i have to hate the ifl because of it. Jesus.[/quote]
....+1....

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:44 pm

WOW! AF1 announces a major TV deal with NFL Network and Caballo talks about it like its a negative thing.

Are you serious?

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:11 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]WOW! AF1 announces a major TV deal with NFL Network and Caballo talks about it like its a negative thing.

Are you serious?[/quote]
WOW! indoor fan has a comprehension problem.

Do you ever comment on what's being discussed or come out of your homer box?

Were you excited when they announced the NBC deal (both times)?

Me too.

Were you excited when they announced the ESPN deal?

Me too.

Did you think ESPN being a stockholder in the league meant they actually cared about the sport and would promote it?

Me too.

Do you wear special glasses that black out things I type like say.......
It's a great thing, or I wish them success.

Do you ever have any views besides what you've read in a presser? Do you believe there's two sides to every story or only yours? Do you believe this guarantees longterm success and great ratings? Is there a sliver of possibility a local broadcast could have better ratings or reach more locals in the markets the games are played? Is this a guarantee the NFL fans will automatically except the sport as real? Will the masses automaticall flood to the arenas and cancel everything else on Friday nights to watch a niche sport on TV? Maybe you're denying many fans/customers don't get the NFLN? Are you saying it's untrue a large percentage of TV viewers, even sports fans don't get the NFLN?

You remind me of the puppy getting slapped all the time. You would think he would learn some prudence, instead of getting all goofy and overjoyed when the door opens. But noooooo, you see something you want so badly and run face first blindly into the perception things will be different this time.

The TV deal is GREAT! but it's only one step and guarnntees nothing. Should they stop looking into local deals? Should they be convinced this is the final piece to garuntee mass appeal and longterm success?

How come you can never discuss the topic, all you've ever got is a smack and negative comment yourself. There's a whole lot more involved than it's a great or crappy deal. Expand your mind.
Last edited by Caballo Diablo on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:42 pm

NBC, ESPN, NFL Network.....

What channel has the IFL been on?

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:53 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]NBC, ESPN, NFL Network.....

What channel has the IFL been on?[/quote]
Typical homer response, changes the subject when he's wrong.

Were we talking about the IFL, SIFL, maybe the AIFA?

Let me know when you want to discuss the topic, it's concerns and are willing to attempt to answer some of the questions. Have you ever bought a house or car? It's pretty neat, but you still ask questions. You can't just believe everything the salesman tells you.

I thought we were supposed to learn from history and use it to improve. Are you one of those activist trying to rewrite history to read like Aesops Fables.

Didn't I ask you questions about the NBC and ESPN deals? How'd all that work out? You're right, this is the greatest thing since sliced bread. It's never been attempted before and has no possibility of being anything less than perfect.

I apologize for disturbing your perception of reality.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:07 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]
What channel has the IFL been on?[/quote]
Why do you feel I'm an ArenaBall hater and IFL apologist? How come you always want to make it as simple as one league vs another?

The AFL and af2 have combined for over 30 years of existence. How may times has either league been 100% profitable and returned dividends to every single franchise in the league? The IFL has done it in every year of their existence. Boy, that would sound greater if you weren't aware they've only played one year - lol

You would think with all that Tv money that ArenaBall would, oops, almost forgot they had to actually pay the networks to show the games.

Do you recall me speaking out against the IFL and Tommy B over the SF and Corpus rulings? Preeths and I had a lengthy discussion. Do you recall me speaking out against the SIFL being owned by a team owner and the PR tactics of Dan with regards to Lexi? How conviently you forget the big picture.

I love the 50 yard sport and support all leagues that play it no matter the style or rules used. But you already knew that since I've told you many times. I refuse to be a homer and support all of their decisions as perfect like you do.

NatePreds05
Site Admin

Post by NatePreds05 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:24 pm

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]In who's mind? The avid fan will want to see as many games as possible and will watch no matter what you name the league. You need good ratings on a large network to draw advertisers. Being as the NFLN is new and has very little real time content it's a good move. Trying to attract NFL fans is a good thing. But you have to take into account it's been tried before without success.

Sorry to be pessimistic but NBC and ESPN couldn't give cred to the sport besides for the already exisitng fans and there's not enough of them.
If no one will be watching outside of the 15 markets wouldn't a local broadcast available to more of the market be better? The local broadcast seemed to do well in the past while the national deals with NBC and ESPN failed.

There are many markets very few receive the NFLN. I don't get it or versus and have no desire to pay more to have them added. Avid fans will find ways to watch games, we can see them for free on Nifty. Some whine about the poor quality of the internet streaming of games, sure they'll love to watch a real broadcast, but will enough watch to attract sponsors?

How come people in the sport can't look at reality and quetion how to improve instead of thinking a TV deal is an automatic ticket to success? It's a good start but there's not enough homers to pay the bills.[/quote]

The difference between this TV deal and past ones is that NFLN and AF1 will split revenue from broadcasts and AF1 will sell the advertising spots. AF1 is not paying NFLN so this TV deal actually makes money and sense.

TALONS100
Site Admin

Post by TALONS100 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Come on CD wouldnt be happy if the AF1 singed a deal with NBC, CBS, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 and the NFLN to cover every single game, he would find some way to complain.....

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:01 pm

[quote=""TALONS100""]Come on CD wouldnt be happy if the AF1 singed a deal with NBC, CBS, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 and the NFLN to cover every single game, he would find some way to complain.....[/quote]

Amen brother.

This is Caballos worst nightmare come true. He is actually trying to make a national TV deal seem like a bad idea. AF1 shares revenue with NFLN. No way AF1 loses anything. They just provide the product (game). I guess the NFLN could have approached the IFL about the same deal, but Aaron Garcia is not playing in that league.

Looks like I'll be watching or recording the AF1 game on Friday April 2nd. Maybe I'll invite Caballo, cRUSHer and raidermac over to watch the game. Couple of beers, burgers and the AF1 Game of the week on NFLN. It does'nt get any better than that.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:33 pm

[quote=""NatePreds05""]The difference between this TV deal and past ones is that NFLN and AF1 will split revenue from broadcasts and AF1 will sell the advertising spots. AF1 is not paying NFLN so this TV deal actually makes money and sense.[/quote]

That's what I'm talking about, thanks for joining the discussion.

Yes, the league will have responsibilities for advertising sales and they'll split the revenue. We'll have to wait and see how profitable it is once the costs are covered. It definitely seems to be better in that regard. But you must admit the NFLN has less viewers than either NBC or ESPN.

Like I've said, it's a great start and if they or the individual teams could work out a local deal all the better.

Return to “AF1”