af1 games on the NFL Network now official

The ArenaFootball1 (AF1) forum.
Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:34 pm

[quote=""TALONS100""]Come on CD wouldnt be happy if the AF1 singed a deal with NBC, CBS, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 and the NFLN to cover every single game, he would find some way to complain.....[/quote]
Come on LT, have you been out in the garages area breathing in too much exhaust?

If they came up with that deal I'd drive you to the mountain top to scream the news.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:49 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]

This is Caballos worst nightmare come true. [/quote] These are the types of statements that lead people to think you've lost your mind. We're talking entertainment here. If every league had every game broadcast or if every league went belly up it wouldn't affect my dreams or the important things in life.

[quote=""indoor fan""]
He is actually trying to make a national TV deal seem like a bad idea. [/quote]
I'll give you the benefit of doubt and let you catagotize this statement. Is it a lie, poor comprehension, or you just like to twist it?

I never said it was a bad deal, I've stated it's great. Sorry I just don't foolishly believe there's no concerns or room for discussion.

[quote=""indoor fan""]
AF1 shares revenue with NFLN. No way AF1 loses anything. [/quote]
I hope you're right, but I have heard that line before.

[quote=""indoor fan""]
They just provide the product (game). I guess the NFLN could have approached the IFL about the same deal, but Aaron Garcia is not playing in that league.[/quote] are trying to tell us there would be no TV deal witout Aaron? That's perposterous. personally I don't care if any of the leagues are on TV or not. The computer is fine with me. I've given up on the dream of the sport becoming mainstream, while I do admit years ago I thought it possible. I've accepted my niche and plan on enjoying the heck out of it for as long as possible.
[quote=""indoor fan""]

Looks like I'll be watching or recording the AF1 game on Friday April 2nd. [/quote]
Not me, my Friday nights are already spoken for and it doesn't include football. Plus I don't have the NFLN and don't plan on signing up for it.
[quote=""indoor fan""]

Maybe I'll invite Caballo, cRUSHer and raidermac over to watch the game. Couple of beers, burgers and the AF1 Game of the week on NFLN. It does'nt get any better than that.[/quote]
I think it would be great to sit down and watch some games with you, and beer & Burgers are a must. I'll bet we'd get along much better in person.

What's the travel distance from Austin to your place?

TALONS100
Site Admin

Post by TALONS100 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:55 pm

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]Come on LT, have you been out in the garages area breathing in too much exhaust?

If they came up with that deal I'd drive you to the mountain top to scream the news.[/quote]

LOL you would complain about the drive being too far....HAHAHA

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:28 am

[quote=""TALONS100""]LOL you would complain about the drive being too far....HAHAHA[/quote]
No way, I'd even come to OK and pick you up.

You'll have the magic cooler won't ya?

newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:53 am

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]But you must admit the NFLN has less viewers than either NBC or ESPN.
[/quote]

Maybe not NBC. :D :infun:

I'll be interested in seeing if this TV deal might draw some interest from some of the former AFL franchises who are currently inactive.

Micro67
Site Admin

NFL Mixed Bag

Post by Micro67 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:13 am

I'm glad there is a T.V. package and hopefully we'll get some quality production values, but the NFL is a mixed bag at best. It does mean that eventually some games will make it onto the internet (http://www.tenyardtorrents.com) so I'll get a few games, but it also means another league is desparate to be bought out by the competition - so to speak.

I wish there was someone out there at least thumbing their nose at the NFL. I think the word for what we have now is an 'oligopoly'. The NFL is the only real competitor and they control competition with support for leagues like the UFL and proposed leagues like the AAFL and UGFL.

Where is Vince McMahon when you need him or the USFL (sans Donny 'the Traitor' Trump).

I live overseas and won't be able to attend a live game until the 2011 season, but I've been to probably 30 or 40 Arena League games since seeing the St. Louis Stampede. I never saw an AF2 game but I've been to many indoor football games.

The nets do make a difference and the fan experience at arena league games was better. In the beginning they understood that the arena league fan wanted a reasonably priced game with lots of entertainment and a legitimate sporting event - even if it wasn't nfl calibre talent.

When I watched AFL games on T.V. they didn't do a great job. Micheal 'I'm High Right Now' Irvin was just aweful.
http://www.mekongesl.com - sporting information from Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:38 am

I could see Kurt Warner or Danny White calling the games. Both have an AFL and NFL connection.

Big Easy
Site Admin

Post by Big Easy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:45 am

A NFLN deal and a name change to AFL is much better than no deal and AF1.

The die hards will know the details...but we all know there aren't enough die hards. They have to appeal to the casual fan...and walking away from an established brand name that people know would be foolish.

The casual fan will remember the name "Arena Football". It's a name that has 20+ years of history. It's a "brand". Actually...to take it a step farther...in the casual fan's mind...all football that is indoors is "Arena" ball. We know the difference, but thats how the casual fan that knows the term "Arena Football" sees it. It's kind of like "Lite" beer. "Lite" is a brand made by Miller but the way it was developed and marketed, for a very long time, it's name defined the category as well. Arena Football is the "catch all" brand and category for the non die hards.
Last edited by Big Easy on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
If integrity is missing, so are you.

peculiarmetal
Site Admin

Post by peculiarmetal » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:45 pm

I agree, Big Easy.Recognized brand, better logo...need to keep it. Hey, and maybe our beloved Voo Doo will return . . . though I'm admittedly not holding my breath. lol. But, can someone point out WHERE it says it will be the AFL again? I've tried to locate that article and don't see it.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:24 pm

[quote=""peculiarmetal""] can someone point out WHERE it says it will be the AFL again? I've tried to locate that article and don't see it.[/quote]
Go back to the first post of this thread and look near the bottom of the article.

[quote=""Excerpt from Article""]
The deal is expected to be officially announced in mid-February. The 15-team league, which was created this year after the assets of the former AFL were sold out of bankruptcy, also is expected to be rebranded as the AFL before the start of the season.
[/quote]

Return to “AF1”