AF1 Head Coaches

The ArenaFootball1 (AF1) forum.
indoor fan
Site Admin

AF1 Head Coaches

Post by indoor fan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:22 pm

AFL head coaches have made the move to the AF1 for 2010. It will be interesting to see how some of these legendary coaches do this year:

Tim Marcum - All time AFL wins
Mike Hohensee - 3rd all time AFL wins
John Gregory - top 10 AFL
Steve Thonn - AFL HC
Kevin Guy - AFL HC
Pat O'Hara - AFL HC
Sparky MCewen - AFL HC

Plus longtime AFL assistants Jon Norris and Les Moss

NatePreds05
Site Admin

Post by NatePreds05 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:01 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]AFL head coaches have made the move to the AF1 for 2010. It will be interesting to see how some of these legendary coaches do this year:

Tim Marcum - All time AFL wins
Mike Hohensee - 3rd all time AFL wins
John Gregory - top 10 AFL
Steve Thonn - AFL HC
Kevin Guy - AFL HC
Pat O'Hara - AFL HC
Sparky MCewen - AFL HC

Plus longtime AFL assistants Jon Norris and Les Moss[/quote]

I would not put Pat O'Hara in a legendary coaches list. He should be put with Les Moss and Jon Norris. Pat O'Hara has never coached an AFL team (only coached a partial season at Tri-Cities last season). So while he may have won a championship with the Predators as a QB, his coaching career is being an offensive coordinator with Tampa Bay and that small stint in Tri-Cities.

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:35 pm

[quote=""NatePreds05""]I would not put Pat O'Hara in a legendary coaches list. He should be put with Les Moss and Jon Norris. Pat O'Hara has never coached an AFL team (only coached a partial season at Tri-Cities last season). So while he may have won a championship with the Predators as a QB, his coaching career is being an offensive coordinator with Tampa Bay and that small stint in Tri-Cities.[/quote]

Actually O'Hara was an AFL HC with the LA Avengers, before they folded. My point was that most AF1 teams will be coached by former AFL HC's.

On a side note, I just read where the NJ Jets have released former AFL Georgia HC Doug Plank. I would think he may show up on an AF1 coaching staff, if not another NFL team. I would also expect Jay Gruden to come aboard soon.

Independent
Site Admin

Post by Independent » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:51 pm

Jay Gruden is in the UFL and his contract states that the can't be a head coach in Arena football. That came out when Jacksonville was looking for a Head Coach.

NatePreds05
Site Admin

Post by NatePreds05 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:56 pm

The Predators have said that they are working to bring Jay Gruden in as the offensive coordinator.

Return to “AF1”