AF1 QB's

The ArenaFootball1 (AF1) forum.
indoor fan
Site Admin

AF1 QB's

Post by indoor fan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:49 pm

With the signing of QB Aaron Garcia, the AF1 has assembled the best QB's the 50 yard game has to offer. Should be exciting to watch these Arena league QB's in action:

Aaron Garcia - AFL
Shane Stafford - AFL
Raymond Philyaw - AFL
Russ Michna - AFL
Joe Germaine - AFL
Chris Greisen - AFL
Brett Dietz - AFL
Chris Sanders - AFL
Kyle Rowley - AFL
Last edited by indoor fan on Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:23 pm

Along with the AFL veterans above, the AF1 will have a few QB prospects from big time colleges learning the arena game:

Anthony Morelli - Penn State / Arizona Cardinals (NFL)

Gino Guidugli - Cincinnati / Tennessee Titans (NFL)

Xavier Lee - Florida State / Baltimore Ravens (NFL)

Billy Farris - Colorado State / Cincinnati Bengals (NFL)

Are these QB's playing in the AF1 "high school level", as suggested by one poster?

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:59 pm

What is the deal with your single-minded obsession with proving that AF1 is the best 50-yard league out there? If you don't have an equity stake in the league, your preoccupation with this topic is odd.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:49 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]

Are these QB's playing in the AF1 "high school level", as suggested by one poster?[/quote]
hmm, who is this silly poster you refer to? - lol

Could you quote the post where he said the AF1 and it's QB's are high school level. Did he actually say that ? Did you misinterpret or take it out of context? Are you twisting the actual conversation out of spite or sarcasm?

Enquiring minds want to know. ;)

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:36 pm

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]hmm, who is this silly poster you refer to? - lol

Could you quote the post where he said the AF1 and it's QB's are high school level. Did he actually say that ? Did you misinterpret or take it out of context? Are you twisting the actual conversation out of spite or sarcasm?

Enquiring minds want to know. ;) [/quote]

Don't have time right now to find the exact post, but the poster said that AF1 fans would be disappointed when a high school game would break out.

I don't think these QB's are high school level.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:05 am

Granted, I don't see every post on the boards, but I don't recall that statement being made. It's of course ludicrous, so why even bother to respond to something like that?

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:26 am

Here is the exact quote made By Caballo Diablo referring to the AF1 talent being at the high school level:

"Good luck to the Frisco, err, I mean Dallas team with filling and paying rent on American Airlines Center. The high rent means tickets can't be inexpensive, then the fans show up expecting Desperado talent and a High School game breaks out. "

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:28 am

[quote=""preeths""]Granted, I don't see every post on the boards, but I don't recall that statement being made. It's of course ludicrous, so why even bother to respond to something like that?[/quote]

Very true. Most posts by cetain posters seem to be ludicrous.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:23 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]Here is the exact quote made By Caballo Diablo referring to the AF1 talent being at the high school level:

"Good luck to the Frisco, err, I mean Dallas team with filling and paying rent on American Airlines Center. The high rent means tickets can't be inexpensive, then the fans show up expecting Desperado talent and a High School game breaks out. "[/quote]
Haha, I knew you would look it up, thanks. Looks like it was twisted. I also thought you wouldn't let the good members see the entire conversation.

American Airlines Center, a major league arena with the concourse covered wall to wall in marble. A very expensive arena that had yearly shrinking crowds in the 50 yard game. Many reason for this, the economy shrunk the fans discretionary income, increased ticket prices, always choking in the playoffs, becoming less fan friendly and the city says no tailgating allowed. Sure, we did it, but it was an experience week to week. Some times they left us alone and other times were jerks about it.

Previous home of the AFL Dallas Desperados, a very good regular season team that followed suit with the Cowboys, Mavericks, and Stars as become the Dallas Chokers in the post season.

I have been to many Desperado games and was a regular tailgater with the Desperados fan club. I even played a game on the desperados field in the AAC.

AFL fans above the "casual" level weren't particularly fond of the af2 and felt it was far below the AFL. Teams have tried to move from the AFL down to the af2 and lost 50% to 70% of Butts in seats. Yes, I've heard many an AFL fan say they would rather watch High School football than the af2.

We'll soon see if they were telling the truth or if the dark season with no team has changed their mind about it. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. As I said before, I think the af2 markets will be tickled over the AF1, while the markets accoustomed to watching and AFL team will be disappointed. It'll all boil down to how many casual fans they attract because there aren't enough real fans of the sport to carry any of the leagues.

Now I understand how you argue with so many if that conversation and statement confused you.- lol

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:24 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""] Most posts by cetain posters seem to be ludicrous.[/quote]
SIR, I AM NOT AND NEVER HAVE BEEN A RAPPER!! :infun:

Return to “AF1”