AF1 QB's

The ArenaFootball1 (AF1) forum.
indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:14 pm

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]Haha, I knew you would look it up, thanks. Looks like it was twisted. I also thought you wouldn't let the good members see the entire conversation.

American Airlines Center, a major league arena with the concourse covered wall to wall in marble. A very expensive arena that had yearly shrinking crowds in the 50 yard game. Many reason for this, the economy shrunk the fans discretionary income, increased ticket prices, always choking in the playoffs, becoming less fan friendly and the city says no tailgating allowed. Sure, we did it, but it was an experience week to week. Some times they left us alone and other times were jerks about it.

Previous home of the AFL Dallas Desperados, a very good regular season team that followed suit with the Cowboys, Mavericks, and Stars as become the Dallas Chokers in the post season.

I have been to many Desperado games and was a regular tailgater with the Desperados fan club. I even played a game on the desperados field in the AAC.

AFL fans above the "casual" level weren't particularly fond of the af2 and felt it was far below the AFL. Teams have tried to move from the AFL down to the af2 and lost 50% to 70% of Butts in seats. Yes, I've heard many an AFL fan say they would rather watch High School football than the af2.

We'll soon see if they were telling the truth or if the dark season with no team has changed their mind about it. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. As I said before, I think the af2 markets will be tickled over the AF1, while the markets accoustomed to watching and AFL team will be disappointed. It'll all boil down to how many casual fans they attract because there aren't enough real fans of the sport to carry any of the leagues.

Now I understand how you argue with so many if that conversation and statement confused you.- lol[/quote]

The quote I posted was not "twisted". It was the direct quote posted from Caballo Diablo. It had nothing to do with fans preferring to watch high school football; it was inferring that the AF1 would be at the high school level. Since you did attempt a retraction and Paul stated it was ludicrous, we'll just go on.

As it is shaping, the AF1 rosters will be comprised of at least 75% AFL players.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:27 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]The quote I posted was not "twisted". It was the direct quote posted from Caballo Diablo. It had nothing to do with fans preferring to watch high school football; it was inferring that the AF1 would be at the high school level. Since you did attempt a retraction and Paul stated it was ludicrous, we'll just go on.

[/quote]
Like previously stated, things like this do explain much of your problems you seem to have with conversation. Sorry these types of comments confuse you as what others are thinking or inferring. Either you're bad at assumptions or ............. nevermind, I wouldn't want to insult the expert.

The AF1 is mostly af2 and expansion teams while the league tries to pretend they are a reincarnation of the AFL. It was inferring that the AFL markets will notice the difference and feel it's a lower level / less quality than the AFL games they were accustomed to. Did it mean a high school team could beat the AF1 teams? Your comprehension is simply amazing. (eye roll)

I didn't attempt to retract anything, I still think it's a humorous analagy. And as for Paul's statement, it's no different than 99% of the other posts here, just an opinion. You do a great job of making yourself look foolish, but we do enjoy it.

You seem to have a large problem with me and my posts, there's an easy solution. Don't read or reply to any of my posts, it's all entirely your choice. If you reply there's a pretty good chance I'll have a rebuttal until you become too boring - lol

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:42 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]
As it is shaping, the AF1 rosters will be comprised of at least 75% AFL players.[/quote]
Have you been looking at the camp rosters? Looks like a couple of teams are buying allstar rosters. Do you seriously believe they are sticking to the salary cap? Looks like the over spending has begun, yup, they're sure trying to emulate the bankrupt business plan.

How will this play out? Will the AFL rosters just make the af2 rosters look pathetic? Can the af2 owners really compete with the spending abilities of the AFL teams?

I hope it works out, but the quality difference team to team could be a huge negative for the league.

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:29 pm

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]Like previously stated, things like this do explain much of your problems you seem to have with conversation. Sorry these types of comments confuse you as what others are thinking or inferring. Either you're bad at assumptions or ............. nevermind, I wouldn't want to insult the expert.

The AF1 is mostly af2 and expansion teams while the league tries to pretend they are a reincarnation of the AFL. It was inferring that the AFL markets will notice the difference and feel it's a lower level / less quality than the AFL games they were accustomed to. Did it mean a high school team could beat the AF1 teams? Your comprehension is simply amazing. (eye roll)

I didn't attempt to retract anything, I still think it's a humorous analagy. And as for Paul's statement, it's no different than 99% of the other posts here, just an opinion. You do a great job of making yourself look foolish, but we do enjoy it.

You seem to have a large problem with me and my posts, there's an easy solution. Don't read or reply to any of my posts, it's all entirely your choice. If you reply there's a pretty good chance I'll have a rebuttal until you become too boring - lol[/quote]

Not really sure how I could look foolish, when it is your post that was deemed "ludicrous" by the mod????????????? hahaha

But I will obey Paul's wishes and not make this personal.

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:33 pm

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]Have you been looking at the camp rosters? Looks like a couple of teams are buying allstar rosters. Do you seriously believe they are sticking to the salary cap? Looks like the over spending has begun, yup, they're sure trying to emulate the bankrupt business plan.

How will this play out? Will the AFL rosters just make the af2 rosters look pathetic? Can the af2 owners really compete with the spending abilities of the AFL teams?

I hope it works out, but the quality difference team to team could be a huge negative for the league.[/quote]

This is my point exactly. The AF1 will be loaded with AFL talent this season. It will be right below the UFL for talent (NFL, CFL, UFL, AF1).

The AF1 may not be around for 2011. But for 2010, there will be some big time talent in the AF1. Just look at some of the Dallas players right now:

Larry Brackins
Eddie Moten
Phil Bogel
Speedy Gonzalez
Will Pettis
Derek Lee
Josh White
Duke Pettijohn
Shane Stafford

I highly doubt too many fans will compare this to high school ball.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:06 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]Not really sure how I could look foolish, when it is your post that was deemed "ludicrous" by the mod????????????? hahaha

But I will obey Paul's wishes and not make this personal.[/quote]
You COULD look foolish by not being able to follow a conversation and picking out certain words, sayings, etc., taking them out of context and lying about what was said. Total comprehension of a conversation does elude some people.

Let give you an example of not comprehending a post.

He said:
[quote=""Preeths""]
Granted, I don't see every post on the boards, but I don't recall that statement being made. It's of course ludicrous, so why even bother to respond to something like that? [/quote]
I agree, calling the AF1 on the same par/level as HS ball is ludicrous. He doesn't recall any poster saying it, I didn't say it, but you still can't get over your homerism.

If anything is posted below saying the AF1 is God's gift to the 50 yard game and they're the greatest thing to ever step on the field, you go into tunnel vision and an epelectic fit. This seems to destroy the reality of the conversation. You can't twist things at your convienece into a literal statement of fact when you aren't even close to what it was.

Yes, Singing nanny nanny boo boo from atop the playground monkey bars does look foolish. To continue spewing a falsehood doesn't make it so. I know, I know, they say if you lie enough times people begin to actually believe it themselves. I think you've made it to that point.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:17 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""] The AF1 will be loaded with AFL talent this season. It will be right below the UFL for talent (NFL, CFL, UFL, AF1).[/quote]

I'm not sure the AF1 as a whole will be as loaded as you think. Yes, there looks to be a couple of allstar teams being put together. (dejavue, I get the feeling that's been said before). Dallas is at the top of this list.

So let me ask you again, do you think these allstar teams are being put together under the strict guidelines of the salary cap? Do you think it would be a positve or negative reflection on the league IF (yes, I'll say if so you don't have to try and decipher all of the possibilities) a couple of allstar teams blow the competition away and there's many af2 quality teams far below the allstar rosters? Personally, I thought the Slaughter/Rush roster was an embarrassment to the CIFL as they totally destroyed the weaker teams.

You want us to take you serious, then you say the AF1 will be right below the talent/quality of the outdoor leagues? Are you still clinging to that 5th major league thingy?
[quote=""indoor fan""]
The AF1 may not be around for 2011. [/quote]
BLASPHEME YOU SAY !!

Haven't you attacked others for saying this?

[quote=""indoor fan""]I highly doubt too many fans will compare this to high school ball.[/quote]
I highly doubt any of the fans will believe your comprehension is above HS. But hey, there's nothing wrong with that. My kids aren't above that level either.

NatePreds05
Site Admin

Post by NatePreds05 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:22 pm

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]

BLASPHEME YOU SAY !!

Haven't you attacked others for saying this?
[/quote]

He means in 2011 there will be Arena Football, but the league known as AF1 will be the AFL

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:25 pm

[quote=""NatePreds05""]He means in 2011 there will be Arena Football, but the league known as AF1 will be the AFL[/quote]
I can't make any assumptions on what he meant. I've come to learn pretending to know what another was inferring could be bass ackwards. :wink:

peculiarmetal
Site Admin

Post by peculiarmetal » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:28 pm

"Good luck to the Frisco, err, I mean Dallas team with filling and paying rent on American Airlines Center. The high rent means tickets can't be inexpensive, then the fans show up expecting Desperado talent and a High School game breaks out. "
Actually, I have to quite agree with your assessment on the Airlines Center. I was furious when I heard they were forgoing the Dr. Pepper Center for this. Although I later found out the Stars were playing there, so I guess that's a problem. IDK. Don't follow hockey. But anyway, I was under the impression that they were trying to make the game more reasonably priced and a family friendly affair. Seems more likely and more desirable to fill to capacity a 5,000 seat arena than to have a 1/3 full 15,000 seat arena. I'm excited about the league, but this does make me worry about the financial viability of the team.

Oh, forgot to add. I don't see families of 4 or more lugging the kids all the way to Dallas from the outlying areas, paying for parking, etc. Maybe I'm wrong. I know I'll be less likely to.
Last edited by peculiarmetal on Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “AF1”