Jacksonville Sharks sign Aaron Garcia

The ArenaFootball1 (AF1) forum.
NatePreds05
Site Admin

Jacksonville Sharks sign Aaron Garcia

Post by NatePreds05 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:19 pm

JACKSONVILLE, FL - The Jacksonville Sharks added more than just a veteran quarterback this week with the announcement of Arena Football legend Aaron Garcia - they added fear in their opponents.

Aaron Garcia (6'1, 195 lbs), named the 11th greatest Arena Football player of all time, has been a fixture in the arena game for over fifteen years. Over the 24-year history of Arena Football, Garcia is in the top four (if not at the top) of nearly every quarterback statistic. Garcia was the first professional football player to throw for 100 touchdowns in a single season (a feat he repeated again in his illustrious career) and is one of only four professional football players in history to have thrown for more than 800 touchdowns. Garcia's 925 career touchdowns (881 passing, 44 rushing) are accompanied with over 23.5 miles (41,368 yards) of passing.

"Adding Aaron Garcia to the Sharks demonstrates our commitment to the people of Jacksonville to bring a championship to this great city," said head coach Les Moss. "He is not only one of the greatest to ever play the game, he's simply the most exciting player to watch. We are excited to get to camp and implement Aaron's skills with the talent we have at the receiver position."

Garcia was a stand out from the start. Under the tutelage of his head coach, and father, Garcia broke John Elway's California high school records for both passing yards and passing touchdowns. He did this in just two years. Garcia's throwing over 5,800 yards and nearly 60 touchdowns attracted college coaches from all over the country. Garcia became the starter for Washington State's pass-happy spread offense where he led the Pac-10 conference in pass-efficiency.

Following his collegiate career, Garcia found a home in the Arena Football League. After spending time with the Arizona Rattlers, Connecticut Coyotes and New Jersey Red Dogs, Aaron found a home with the Iowa Barnstormers - which became the New York Dragons in 2001. With the Dragons, Garcia became the first professional player to ever throw 600 touchdown passes over the span of his career, but that was just the beginning. He then became the first to throw for 700 nearly a year later. Garcia has also broken records running the ball, becoming the first arena quarterback to rush for 15 touchdowns in a season. This came the season after tying the record with 14 rushing touchdowns.

"In our inaugural season, there needed to be a solid foundation laid for a successful arena football team that shows our commitment to winning to this community," stated Managing Partner Jeff Bouchy. "Having the caliber of player like Aaron Garcia choose our franchise over all of the other cities in our league is a tribute to his character and his belief of what we are going to accomplish here. In the offensive driven game of arena football, a great quarterback is paramount to a team's success. There is no better quarterback than Aaron Garcia."

The Jacksonville Sharks are members of the Arena Football 1 (AF1) league. All home games will be played at the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena. The home season kicks off April 16th as the Sharks take on the Orlando Predators. Season tickets for the inaugural season of the Jacksonville Sharks are now available for as low as $45. To reserve your seats or for more information please call (904) 621-0700.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:31 pm

Great QB when he's on the field.
I hope he can avoid injuries this season.

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:56 am

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]Great QB when he's on the field.
I hope he can avoid injuries this season.[/quote]

You somehow tried to make a negative point about the greatest Arena QB ever playing in the AF1?

Thats laughable. I guess he passed on the IFL.

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:22 am

Great pick up by Jacksonville. Instant star power. The greatest arena QB of all time playing in the AF1. Should be fun to follow.

Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:13 am

[quote=""indoor fan""]The greatest arena QB of all time playing in the AF1.[/quote]
Only because of his longevity. Great regular season QB, not so much if you want your team to go deep into the postseason. How many championships has this "great one" won in his 14 arena years? Sorry, in this game individual efforts are meaningless. Give me the championship hardware anyday over one guy's gawdy stats due to hanging around the game for so long.

Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:15 am

[quote=""indoor fan""]I guess he passed on the IFL.[/quote]
Or visa versa. ;)

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:52 pm

[quote=""Bruiser""]Or visa versa. ;) [/quote]

hahahaha haters hatin. I had my good laugh for the day.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:09 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]You somehow tried to make a negative point about the greatest Arena QB ever playing in the AF1?

Thats laughable. I guess he passed on the IFL.[/quote]
Your response proves that YOU are the hater. How come you always look for a fight instead attempt to discuss reality.

How in the world can you call my post negative, many of the Dragon fans have said the same thing. This has been discussed over the past few years on the AFLMB and ArenaFan, you know, where the ARENABALL supporters post.

Let's look at my reply;
[quote=""Diablo""]
Great QB when he's on the field.
I hope he can avoid injuries this season. [/quote]

Great QB - how can that be interpreted as negative?
When he's on the field - Are you ignorant to his injury history or just acting?
I hope he can avoid injuries this season - you're right, that did sound like I wished him ill.

You sir ar just a HOMER and antagonist! I agree he was/is a great QB, (psst, I even said so before your panties got all bunched up into the crack of your Butt causing anguish and delusions) but the greatest Arena QB playing in the AF1? That sir is just your opinion and refuted by many ArenaBall Homers.

He's had some great games, but like Bruiser says, he typically comes up short of being the "Greatest" and his post season history isn't good. Doesn't he actually have to complete seasons on a regular basis to even play in the post season?

If you want to disagree, fine, but could you actually pick a post better suited for your Hatred.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:12 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]hahahaha haters hatin. I had my good laugh for the day.[/quote]
Glad we could return the favor because you constantly have us laughing at you.

You sir are the one that turned this thread into a negative, go ahead, reread the thread and then take a peek in the mirror. See that face staring back at you, yup, he's the guy you need to smack for drinking the entire pitcher of Hatorade.

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:33 pm

I think the Aaron Garcia signing was the straw that broke Caballos back.

Return to “AF1”