Dont drink jerry,s koolaid ifl is the premiere league!

The ArenaFootball1 (AF1) forum.
raidermac10
Site Admin

delusional hierarchy!!!!!

Post by raidermac10 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:02 am

You guys are delusional just because kurse went out and bought his old trademarks at last months rummage sale and then just put mostly imposters in the real teams places !!figures you idiots are ready to crown them king!!!!!snap ot of it!!!god son be healed and wake up!!!! Hows bernie kosar doing in that florida bankruptcy court!!!the owner of the afl 1,s cleveland gladiators!!!!dont you boys see through the smoke yet!!!good lord!!!

Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:31 am

Speaking of the AF1, I'm still trying to figure out where the AF1 guys are getting over $400K a piece to pay off the $6.1 mil they spent on old names and logos. I hear rumor the AF1 has already sold the Blizzard identity to the new owner up there in Green Bay (now IFL) - wonder how much it went for?

NatePreds05
Site Admin

Post by NatePreds05 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:06 pm

[quote=""raidermac10""]You guys are delusional just because kurse went out and bought his old trademarks at last months rummage sale and then just put mostly imposters in the real teams places !!figures you idiots are ready to crown them king!!!!!snap ot of it!!!god son be healed and wake up!!!! Hows bernie kosar doing in that florida bankruptcy court!!!the owner of the afl 1,s cleveland gladiators!!!!dont you boys see through the smoke yet!!!good lord!!![/quote]

Ferraro is the owner of the Gladiators, not Bernie Kosar. I would not say owners like Woody Kern (longtime owner of arena teams like the Tampa Bay Storm) and the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning are imposters. Franchises change hands in sports. It is a normal thing.

NatePreds05
Site Admin

Post by NatePreds05 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:08 pm

[quote=""Bruiser""]Speaking of the AF1, I'm still trying to figure out where the AF1 guys are getting over $400K a piece to pay off the $6.1 mil they spent on old names and logos. I hear rumor the AF1 has already sold the Blizzard identity to the new owner up there in Green Bay (now IFL) - wonder how much it went for?[/quote]

Jerry said there were investors in Gridiron that helped pay for it but the rest was split between the owners with each paying 1/15th of the cost. As for the Green Bay Blizzard, you got any proof to back up that rumor?

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:37 pm

Frak everything else in this discussion ... I'm impressed that raidermac used two multi-syllable words ... delusional and hierarchy ... and spelled them both right!
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:15 pm

[quote=""NatePreds05""]Ferraro is the owner of the Gladiators, not Bernie Kosar. I would not say owners like Woody Kern (longtime owner of arena teams like the Tampa Bay Storm) and the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning are imposters. Franchises change hands in sports. It is a normal thing.[/quote]
True, Bernie was the face that sold tickets because he's still a loved icon in Cleveland. His bankruptcy has nothing to do with the 50 yard game. Most of his financial problems are from being heavily invested in Florida real estate, I've heard rumors there's been a few hiccups for that industry over the past few years and the Miami skyline is full of half built speculative condo projects.
The rest of his assets were greeted with a gold digging divorce.

But correcting the poster to put in Ferraros name wasn't an improvement, ask NJ and Vegas. Woody should be a strong owner, but what about Bouchey (AZ), Bouchey (ORL), and Bouchey (J-ville)?

NatePreds05
Site Admin

Post by NatePreds05 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:58 pm

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]True, Bernie was the face that sold tickets because he's still a loved icon in Cleveland. His bankruptcy has nothing to do with the 50 yard game. Most of his financial problems are from being heavily invested in Florida real estate, I've heard rumors there's been a few hiccups for that industry over the past few years and the Miami skyline is full of half built speculative condo projects.
The rest of his assets were greeted with a gold digging divorce.

But correcting the poster to put in Ferraros name wasn't an improvement, ask NJ and Vegas. Woody should be a strong owner, but what about Bouchey (AZ), Bouchey (ORL), and Bouchey (J-ville)?[/quote]

Ferraro always paid his bills/dues and has run good operations. But he is a businessman. He moved from NJ and Vegas when he realized there were no profits to be made there (and a case could be made that Cleveland will be his most successful location).

As for Brett Bouchy, other than the fan refund incident, he is a good owner who has paid his bills and led his teams successfully. The Preds had one of the few teams in the AFL's bloated financial structure that turned a profit every year. And when Bouchy took over Arizona, he had the audacity to tell everyone that if Arizona did not make the playoffs he would refund all season tickets. That takes a lot of guts and Arizona played well and made the postseason to keep his promise.

As for Jacksonville, it is an entirely new team with an owner who has not been involved with Arena football before (Bouchy's brother). They are an expansion team. I wish them nothing but success.

Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:38 pm

[quote=""NatePreds05""]As for the Green Bay Blizzard, you got any proof to back up that rumor?[/quote]
Nope. That's why I'm asking. Makes sense though if they want to raise some cash. Why sit on idle property when it can generate revenue now?

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:17 am

[quote=""NatePreds05""]Ferraro always paid his bills/dues and has run good operations.[/quote]
That's not the reports coming from the Thomas & Mack and the Orleans arena. The AFL waived the arena restrictions to let him move to the Orleans.

Most of the fans and players I've spoke with have zero good to say about him. It was pretty funny seeing them practice in the down hill parking lot but no one was laughing when the circus came to town and washed the elephant dung accross the turf laid out in the parking lot.

[quote=""NatePreds05""]
But he is a businessman. He moved from NJ and Vegas when he realized there were no profits to be made there [/quote]
And where in the AFL was a profit to be made except a couple of fluke years in the jungle?

[quote=""NatePreds05""]
(and a case could be made that Cleveland will be his most successful location).[/quote]
agreed, one of his best move was to get Bernie on board. I think his name actually sold more tickets than the game itself. Then having a great year on the field was huge, let's see what the year off has done. I hope they pack the place and continue winning.
[quote=""NatePreds05""]
As for Brett Bouchy, other than the fan refund incident,[/quote]
So we are just supposed to forget him attacking fans in the jungle, which was one of the reasons he lost his job there. Many Pred fans I've spoke to couldn't stand him and I know some that quit going over his fan abuse and disrespect.

And you call flat out lying to and hiding from the fans while stealing their money is a small "incident"? Many AZ fans have said they'll never purchase another ticket from a team he owns.

[quote=""NatePreds05""]
he is a good owner who has paid his bills [/quote]
You actuall had the nerve to put this in the same sentence with the "Fan refund incident" - lol - where does stealing the fans money fall under "he paid his bills?

[quote=""NatePreds05""]
and led his teams successfully. [/quote]
I didn't realize it was plural. He was a minority owner in Orlando and fired over his arrogance and BS. He was never approved as the buyer of the AFL Preds by the BOD and they didn't play a single season with him as the owner.

Yes, he made the playoffs in his first year in AZ, not making them would have sent him into bankruptcy. You don't honestly believe he would have returned the fans money do ya?

[quote=""NatePreds05""]
The Preds had one of the few teams in the AFL's bloated financial structure that turned a profit every year. [/quote]
I think one other team turned a profit once in the last decade beside Orlando.
They did what they had to do, it was all about advertising. Watching one of their games was painful, it was a 4 hour commercial with a little football mixed in. Yes, it was the fiscally responsible thing to do but looked like crap to non Pred Homers.

[quote=""NatePreds05""]
And when Bouchy took over Arizona, he had the audacity to tell everyone that if Arizona did not make the playoffs he would refund all season tickets. That takes a lot of guts and Arizona played well and made the postseason to keep his promise.[/quote]
as stated above he got lucky. I guess the term "audacity" could have either a positive or negative meaning depending on the context it's used in. I think it was an extreme and dangeruous PR stunt and have no doubt if they had missed the playoffs he would not have honored his promise to return money to the fans. We saw how he screwed them for the next years tickets when no games were played.
[quote=""NatePreds05""]
As for Jacksonville, it is an entirely new team with an owner who has not been involved with Arena football before (Bouchy's brother). They are an expansion team. I wish them nothing but success.[/quote]
I wish them success also, but all expansion franchises are a crap shoot. I guess the owner is getting a bad rap due to association and being related to a liar. Time will tell, he may be an honorable man, only time will tell.

NatePreds05
Site Admin

Post by NatePreds05 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:40 pm

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]That's not the reports coming from the Thomas & Mack and the Orleans arena. The AFL waived the arena restrictions to let him move to the Orleans. [/quote]

Did the Thomas and Mack sue Ferraro for breach of contract?

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]And where in the AFL was a profit to be made except a couple of fluke years in the jungle? [/quote]

San Jose made money, Grand Rapids made money I believe, Tampa Bay made money. And it was more than just a couple of years with the Preds making money.

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]So we are just supposed to forget him attacking fans in the jungle, which was one of the reasons he lost his job there. Many Pred fans I've spoke to couldn't stand him and I know some that quit going over his fan abuse and disrespect. [/quote]

He was not fired, he decided to take over Arizona on his own.

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]And you call flat out lying to and hiding from the fans while stealing their money is a small "incident"? Many AZ fans have said they'll never purchase another ticket from a team he owns.

You actuall had the nerve to put this in the same sentence with the "Fan refund incident" - lol - where does stealing the fans money fall under "he paid his bills? [/quote]

He told the fans their teams would be back in 2010 and that their money would be good for 2010 with 20% credit added. He kept those promises. He paid his league bills, payroll, arena lease, and all those other things that constitute running a team.

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]I didn't realize it was plural. He was a minority owner in Orlando and fired over his arrogance and BS. He was never approved as the buyer of the AFL Preds by the BOD and they didn't play a single season with him as the owner. [/quote]

He was team president in Orlando, and he was President when the Preds were a publicly traded team also. So while maybe not the full owner he was in charge of operations in Orlando for a long time.

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]I think one other team turned a profit once in the last decade beside Orlando.

They did what they had to do, it was all about advertising. Watching one of their games was painful, it was a 4 hour commercial with a little football mixed in. Yes, it was the fiscally responsible thing to do but looked like crap to non Pred Homers.[/quote]

Well Preds fans still enjoyed every game. And maybe if the Austin Wranglers and other AFL teams had exercised some more fiscal responsibility like the Preds they could have survived.

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]I wish them success also, but all expansion franchises are a crap shoot. I guess the owner is getting a bad rap due to association and being related to a liar. Time will tell, he may be an honorable man, only time will tell.[/quote]

Time will tell, but I wish them success. Jacksonville is a mostly untapped market in sports.

Return to “AF1”