Dont drink jerry,s koolaid ifl is the premiere league!

The ArenaFootball1 (AF1) forum.
Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:59 pm

Just received via email:

Green Bay Indoor Football Team will remain the Blizzard
Wednesday, January 13, 2010 9:41 AM
For Immediate Release

Green Bay, WI: Titletown Football Group, the owners and operators of the Green Bay Indoor Football team, are pleased to announce that the team name will remain the Green Bay Blizzard. “Our goal was too keep the Blizzard name,” stated Owner and President Jeff Royle. “It took us by surprise when we found out the former ownership group did not own the rights to the team nickname so it took some time to reach a deal to keep the name.”

The purchase gives Titletown Football Group full ownership of all Green Bay Blizzard trademarks and intellectual property associated with the Blizzard name. “I’m excited for all the fans and corporate sponsors that the Blizzard name will remain in place,” said Royle. “The Blizzard brand is strong and our goal is too take the Blizzard franchise to a higher level.” The team had held a “Name the Team” contest in December in the event a deal could not be reached to keep the Blizzard name with thousands of entries received. “There have been a lot of changes for this franchise over the last 60 days,” stated Royle. “All the changes have been very exciting and we are looking forward to the best season of indoor football Green Bay has ever seen. The team name will stay the same but fans can expect exciting changes to the design of the uniforms, helmets and merchandise.”

The Blizzard are a proud new member of the Indoor Football League. The 2010 home opener is March 19th against the La Crosse Spartans. 2010 season tickets start as low as $56 and are available by calling (920) 405-1264 or visiting our website http://www.greenbayblizzard.com.

Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball Club
1306 Main Street
Green Bay, WI 54302
920-497-7225
http://www.greenbaybullfrogs.com

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:56 pm

[quote=""NatePreds05""]Did the Thomas and Mack sue Ferraro for breach of contract?
[/quote]
I believe the league intervened to prevent it.

[quote=""NatePreds05""]
San Jose made money, Grand Rapids made money I believe, Tampa Bay made money. And it was more than just a couple of years with the Preds making money.[/quote]
umm, no.

The Preds did better than the others, but all of the teams you listed did not make money. Don't you recall the forum giving away over 10,000 tickets to many games because the Storm couldn't sell them.

[quote=""NatePreds05""]
He was not fired, he decided to take over Arizona on his own.[/quote]
oh, that's right, proplr don't get fired in corporate america anymore. They are told to resign, get reassigned to a meaningless position, and sometimes even get a sweetheart deal to start your own company (or team) if you'll agree to leave without a fight. It's all semantice, he was forced out.

Tell me, do you defend the way he treated the fans and getting into fights in the stands by a minority owner?

[quote=""NatePreds05""]
He told the fans their teams would be back in 2010 and that their money would be good for 2010 with 20% credit added. He kept those promises. He paid his league bills, payroll, arena lease, and all those other things that constitute running a team.[/quote]
Before he came up with this plan, almost a year after he had promised to refund the money and renegeged on his promise. Many fans that were ripped off didn't want discounted tickets or to attend his games. They are still awaiting their promised refund.

Is it ok to accept money in 2008, promise a refund when no games will be played, go into hiding from the customers, then in 2009 say it'll be put towards the 2010 season?

[quote=""NatePreds05""]
He was team president in Orlando, and he was President when the Preds were a publicly traded team also. So while maybe not the full owner he was in charge of operations in Orlando for a long time.[/quote]
Apparently you've never been a minority owner of a business if you think he had control.

[quote=""NatePreds05""]
Well Preds fans still enjoyed every game. And maybe if the Austin Wranglers and other AFL teams had exercised some more fiscal responsibility like the Preds they could have survived.[/quote]
I wouldn't say they enjoyed EVERY game. Why don't you talk to the ArenaFan reporter that loved the Preds (Adam). Do you hinestlt believe all of the teams success was soley because of Brett? If he was so good why was he forced out? Believe what you will, it wasn't his choice to leave.

Part of the Wranglers problem was only one arena in the area met league restrictions and depending on who was sched into the venue following a game the per game rent was over 20k to over 30k. But that's beside the point.

Yes, if other teams could have pulled in the advertising/sponsorship that the Pred's did, their bottom line would have been much different. But it did take away from the game/sport.

[quote=""NatePreds05""]
Time will tell, but I wish them success. Jacksonville is a mostly untapped market in sports.[/quote]
We shall see, this isn't the first 50 yard team in the market and they had troubles with ticket sales for the Jaguars.

My intent wasn't to dis the Pred's or the the AF1, I just think you could come up with some positives to promote and defend instead of Bouchey.

NatePreds05
Site Admin

Post by NatePreds05 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:36 pm

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]I believe the league intervened to prevent it.[/quote]

Proof?

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]umm, no.

The Preds did better than the others, but all of the teams you listed did not make money. Don't you recall the forum giving away over 10,000 tickets to many games because the Storm couldn't sell them.. [/quote]

Well I know San Jose was in the black.

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""] oh, that's right, proplr don't get fired in corporate america anymore. They are told to resign, get reassigned to a meaningless position, and sometimes even get a sweetheart deal to start your own company (or team) if you'll agree to leave without a fight. It's all semantice, he was forced out. [/quote]

He was in full control and decided to move on.
Read this news quote:
AFL Orlando Predators Majority Owner Ron Howse said that he owns 65% of the team and has “full control” after buying the shares of President & Managing Partner Brett Bouchy over the past 18 months, according to Josh Robbins of the ORLANDO SENTINEL. Bouchy, who has run the day-to-day operations of the franchise since ’03, is stepping down from his role and said that “family considerations drove his decision to leave the Predators.” However, Bouchy “might not be done” with the AFL, as he said that he “has spoken with Arizona Rattlers owner Bob Hernreich about acquiring a stake” in that team. Howse indicated that he “wants to leave the day-to-day operations of the team to Bouchy’s successor”

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""] Tell me, do you defend the way he treated the fans and getting into fights in the stands by a minority owner? [/quote]

CD, there was exactly one Bouchy-fan fight. One fight in 5 YEARS. I was at that game and no one really considered it a big deal either. Coaches have gotten DUIs and not gotten fired. One fight is hardly reason to force anyone out (if it actually happened).

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""] Before he came up with this plan, almost a year after he had promised to refund the money and renegeged on his promise. Many fans that were ripped off didn't want discounted tickets or to attend his games. They are still awaiting their promised refund.

Is it ok to accept money in 2008, promise a refund when no games will be played, go into hiding from the customers, then in 2009 say it'll be put towards the 2010 season? [/quote]

I do not agree with what he did in this area. That's why I said in every other aspect he has been a good businessman and led teams to success.

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""] I wouldn't say they enjoyed EVERY game. Why don't you talk to the ArenaFan reporter that loved the Preds (Adam). Do you hinestlt believe all of the teams success was soley because of Brett? If he was so good why was he forced out? Believe what you will, it wasn't his choice to leave.

Part of the Wranglers problem was only one arena in the area met league restrictions and depending on who was sched into the venue following a game the per game rent was over 20k to over 30k. But that's beside the point.

Yes, if other teams could have pulled in the advertising/sponsorship that the Pred's did, their bottom line would have been much different. But it did take away from the game/sport.[/quote]

I did not say all the success was because of him. But he led the Predators successfully for 5 years. If you find proof of his being forced out, let me know.

As for the gameday fan experience, if so many fans hated it, then why was there always a big crowd at the games? Personally, I considered it like a commercial break like you see while watching a game on TV. Plus if you were lucky you got free stuff. I did not see it take away from the game one bit. I enjoyed going to Preds games a lot and if I were still living in Orlando I would be going to Preds games in 2010. I went to other teams' AFL games and they were not nearly as electric in atmosphere. Sadly I am stuck watching the Preds on TV or Nifty this season.

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]We shall see, this isn't the first 50 yard team in the market and they had troubles with ticket sales for the Jaguars.[/quote]

The Jaguars have trouble selling tickets because their stadium is huge, built for college games. If the Jags had come in and built their own it probably would have been more size appropriate for the market.

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]My intent wasn't to dis the Pred's or the the AF1, I just think you could come up with some positives to promote and defend instead of Bouchey. [/quote]

I love the Preds, I am happy Arena Football is returning, and excited for the upcoming season. And despite what is said about Bouchy he kept arena football alive for Orlando and Arizona, which I am grateful for. I consider those positives to promote and defend.

Answer me this CD: If Bouchy bought the Austin Wranglers and they were going to play in the AF1 2010, wouldn't you be buying season tickets, supporting the team, and excited about arena football returning to Austin? I am sure you would be.

NatePreds05
Site Admin

Post by NatePreds05 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:40 pm

[quote=""Bruiser""]Just received via email:

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 9:41 AM
For Immediate Release

Green Bay, WI: Titletown Football Group, the owners and operators of the Green Bay Indoor Football team, are pleased to announce that the team name will remain the Green Bay Blizzard. “Our goal was too keep the Blizzard name,” stated Owner and President Jeff Royle. “It took us by surprise when we found out the former ownership group did not own the rights to the team nickname so it took some time to reach a deal to keep the name.”

The purchase gives Titletown Football Group full ownership of all Green Bay Blizzard trademarks and intellectual property associated with the Blizzard name. “I’m excited for all the fans and corporate sponsors that the Blizzard name will remain in place,” said Royle. “The Blizzard brand is strong and our goal is too take the Blizzard franchise to a higher level.” The team had held a “Name the Team” contest in December in the event a deal could not be reached to keep the Blizzard name with thousands of entries received. “There have been a lot of changes for this franchise over the last 60 days,” stated Royle. “All the changes have been very exciting and we are looking forward to the best season of indoor football Green Bay has ever seen. The team name will stay the same but fans can expect exciting changes to the design of the uniforms, helmets and merchandise.”

The Blizzard are a proud new member of the Indoor Football League. The 2010 home opener is March 19th against the La Crosse Spartans. 2010 season tickets start as low as $56 and are available by calling (920) 405-1264 or visiting our website http://www.greenbayblizzard.com.

Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball Club
1306 Main Street
Green Bay, WI 54302
920-497-7225
http://www.greenbaybullfrogs.com
[/quote]

You called it Bruiser. Right on. I wonder how much the AF1 sold it to them for.

Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:04 pm

[quote=""NatePreds05""]You called it Bruiser. Right on. I wonder how much the AF1 sold it to them for.[/quote]
Not really, I just heard the rumor. But it only makes sense for the AF1 to reap some $$$ by selling the names/logos. Holding on to them does no good. And yes, I'm curious to know the sale price as well.

Return to “AF1”