This league has BIG plans.

The ArenaFootball1 (AF1) forum.
NatePreds05
Site Admin

Post by NatePreds05 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:36 pm

I know what you mean about Versus. Never touched the channel until UFL was put on them last fall, I caught a few games. Excited if AF1 will be there. The article in this thread lists they will be announcing the TV contract soon.

peculiarmetal
Site Admin

Post by peculiarmetal » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:09 pm

Pretty sweet! Can't wait, can't wait!

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:13 pm

[quote=""NatePreds05""]I know what you mean about Versus. Never touched the channel until UFL was put on them last fall, [/quote]
WHAT!

You're not a Hockey fan?

NatePreds05
Site Admin

Post by NatePreds05 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:22 pm

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]WHAT!

You're not a Hockey fan?[/quote]

Nope. All the hockey I watch is maybe a few games in the playoffs if a team I am interested in is playing.

wasteland
Site Admin

Post by wasteland » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:29 pm

[quote=""NatePreds05""]I know what you mean about Versus. Never touched the channel until UFL was put on them last fall, I caught a few games. Excited if AF1 will be there. The article in this thread lists they will be announcing the TV contract soon.[/quote]

Really, besides the UFL, they have NHL, WEC (mma), NBA D-League, College footbal and basketball, and Indycar among other sports and events. I would assume a sports lover would know whats all on there, since the on screen TV guides make it so easy. Regardless AF1 went to the NFL channel.

grandmarquis84
Site Admin

Post by grandmarquis84 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:46 am

Wasn't this a plan with the original AFL? I think these guys are already counting their chickens before they hatch. Lets get off one good season with solid attendance and...dare I say it...a PROFIT before we start talking about world domination.

Seriously the NFL, and NBA have talked about this kind of thing and the closest we have come is Toronto. In reality our best chance of an international league would be to convince some European league to let in some MLS teams.

NatePreds05
Site Admin

Post by NatePreds05 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:48 pm

[quote=""grandmarquis84""]Wasn't this a plan with the original AFL? I think these guys are already counting their chickens before they hatch. Lets get off one good season with solid attendance and...dare I say it...a PROFIT before we start talking about world domination.

Seriously the NFL, and NBA have talked about this kind of thing and the closest we have come is Toronto. In reality our best chance of an international league would be to convince some European league to let in some MLS teams.[/quote]

As you can see from yesterday's press conference, the places they are looking to expand to in 2011 are Pittsburgh, Philly, Denver, and LA next season (hopefully San Jose too for Sabercat fans).

International is just a continuing dream.

Return to “AF1”