NEw League, etc. But Baltimore not involved anywhere?

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:22 pm

[quote=""BananaCat""]American's love football the most, but many also follow other sports as well. You, myself, and a small percentage of the population only follow football specifically unfortunately, and that's why indoor football hasn't broken through popularity-wise yet. I could see it gaining in popularity with the major backing of some billionaires and a network TV deal (ESPN, NFL Network, ABC, NBC, FOX, or CBS) to enhance exposure, but even that would take many years. The AFL has been around since the 80's and it's still considered a niche sport (not having a running game and restrictive defensive rules have turned it off to the public at large). Perhaps one day indoor football will gain in popularity, but not anytime soon.[/quote]

Has long been rumored and suggested by more than one NFL owner that indoor football the only choice for the Olympics. The NFL has long wanted football part of the Olympics, but too difficult for the world population to field the 100 yard game and the number of players it would require. Indoor seems the logical choice as pretty inexpensive to put into play and closest to the 100 yard variety. I bring this up only to support your theory that more exposure might get more interested.

NTE
Site Admin

Post by NTE » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:56 pm

[quote=""BananaCat""]American's love football the most, but many also follow other sports as well. You, myself, and a small percentage of the population only follow football specifically unfortunately, and that's why indoor football hasn't broken through popularity-wise yet. I could see it gaining in popularity with the major backing of some billionaires and a network TV deal (ESPN, NFL Network, ABC, NBC, FOX, or CBS) to enhance exposure, but even that would take many years. The AFL has been around since the 80's and it's still considered a niche sport (not having a running game and restrictive defensive rules have turned it off to the public at large). Perhaps one day indoor football will gain in popularity, but not anytime soon.[/quote]

I also follow other sports, I'm a fan of the Pittsburgh Penguins and the U. of Pittsburgh basketball team and love the NCAA Tourney and college hoops as well. Just that I prefer football above all else, and have found that in person, indoor/arena football is awesome, in that you are practically on the field and really experience football! In person, with a field level seat, it really brings back the memories of playing high level (PA, Class AAAA) High School football.

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:12 am

[quote=""jerry101jlh""]Has long been rumored and suggested by more than one NFL owner that indoor football the only choice for the Olympics. The NFL has long wanted football part of the Olympics, but too difficult for the world population to field the 100 yard game and the number of players it would require. Indoor seems the logical choice as pretty inexpensive to put into play and closest to the 100 yard variety. I bring this up only to support your theory that more exposure might get more interested.[/quote]
The Lingerie Football League is gaining in popularity each year and will expand with additional leagues in other countries (Canada, Australia, and Europe) in the next few years. This league may help promote the viability of the game on a worldwide stage more than the arena/indoor league's combined.
Indoor Football Forum .com

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:15 am

[quote=""NTE""]I also follow other sports[/quote]
I guess I'm the only one then. I'll play them all, but will only watch football.

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

NTE
Site Admin

Post by NTE » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:20 pm

[quote=""BananaCat""]The Lingerie Football League is gaining in popularity each year and will expand with additional leagues in other countries (Canada, Australia, and Europe) in the next few years. This league may help promote the viability of the game on a worldwide stage more than the arena/indoor league's combined.[/quote]

Yeah, but in a way it's irritating! as much as I like seeing hot chicks pound the crap out of each other, it's such a gimmick!

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:41 am

[quote=""NTE""]Yeah, but in a way it's irritating! as much as I like seeing hot chicks pound the crap out of each other, it's such a gimmick![/quote]
Ha. I like it. I didn't think I would when it first started, but it's pretty fun to watch actually.

They also have better runs and harder hitting than what you'll see in the arena style. :)

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

Return to “SIFL”