Fayetteville Force

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
SugarBear
Site Admin

Post by SugarBear » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:01 pm

Great point Vinny. I didn't even think about that and I'm sure there are some modifications in each leagues unique rules as well. I also didn't know the new LSFL and PIFL were going to play by Arena rules. If they're playing by Arena rules, is there any chance of them making a move to become the new AFL development league like the AF2 was?

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:23 pm

[quote=""RevolutionX""]Does anyone actually take John Morris seriously. Everyone knows you cant trust this guy. Chuck Thompson, alleged owner of the Maryland Force, announced his team would be playing in the AIFA. I hope he knows what hes doing. John Morris will, if he already doesnt, own the rights to this "franchise" by the end, of a season if ever played. Then Morris will truly own every franchise in the JMIFL. Who would actually deliberately get involved with any entity owned or opperated by this guy knowing his history in the indoor football world. A skunk cant change its stink.[/quote]
Andrew Haines wasn't trusted by many after several of his sports leagues failed, yet here he is again leading another league. Never underestimate the ability of people with a questionable reputation to get other people to hand over cash to them.
Indoor Football Forum .com

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

RevolutionX
Site Admin

Post by RevolutionX » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:46 am

[quote=""BananaCat""]Andrew Haines wasn't trusted by many after several of his sports leagues failed, yet here he is again leading another league. Never underestimate the ability of people with a questionable reputation to get other people to hand over cash to them.[/quote]

Absolutely correct, whats the expression. a suckers born every minute.

King Of The Jungle
Site Admin

Post by King Of The Jungle » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:40 pm

[quote=""Trish_lvs_Baltimore""]The FAYETTEVILLE Force?? The MARYLAND Force??? I swear, this is all a 3-ring circus that's never gonna' end.......lol[/quote]

So there will actually be a team called the "MF"? Now that is marketing at it's best.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:34 pm

[quote=""SugarBear""]Great point Vinny. I didn't even think about that and I'm sure there are some modifications in each leagues unique rules as well. I also didn't know the new LSFL and PIFL were going to play by Arena rules. If they're playing by Arena rules, is there any chance of them making a move to become the new AFL development league like the AF2 was?[/quote]

At this point I would say no on several fronts:

#1 The AFL has markets that can turn a profit paying their players $400 per game, until all franchises are well enough established that they can afford to pay their players substantially more, there is not enough difference between the current player salary structure of the current AFL and the old af2, about $150. Many fans look at the AFL right now as nothing more than the af2 that has guzzled a can of Boost or Surge. Until the current AFL gets much closer to what the AFL used to look like, then a replacement af2 really makes little sense.

#2 I can not ever see owners within the LSFL or the PIFL agreeing to become part of the AFL/af2. The AFL likes to levy too many costly fees and concepts in its leagues historically for most if not all to swallow. If these owners can make the PIFL and LSFL viable over the long haul with a certain economic model, then why would they want to add expenses to that model just so they can be part of the AFL? The AFL would have to get off their high horse and give the owners of these leagues some real value for entering into an agreement, and the AFL has never had the track record of doing that. I could see where the PIFL and LSFL could certainly evolve into leagues that could be feeders to the AFL product, in some respects they already are, look at all of the former SIFL players that are in the AFL now, but I see these leagues remaining separate from the AFL. Some sort of affiliation between all of the leagues might be possible over time as long as the AFL does not demand a bunch of cost items as part of the deal.
Last edited by VinnyTheViper on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:52 am

[quote=""King Of The Jungle""]So there will actually be a team called the "MF"? Now that is marketing at it's best.[/quote]Ya' gotta' love it!!......LOL!!! :D
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded 1908.
The First and Always The Finest

RevolutionX
Site Admin

Post by RevolutionX » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:35 am

So what is the status of this team?

SugarBear
Site Admin

Post by SugarBear » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:43 am

Rev, according to the Maryland Force's website:
http://www.marylandforce.com

They have the AIFA logo on 3 different spots on their homepage and I quote:
"MARYLAND FORCE ANNOUNCEMENT
THE MARYLAND FORCE ANNOUNCE THAT THEY WILL BE PLAYING WITH THE
AMERICAN INDOOR FOOTBAL ASSOCIATION 2011-2012 SEASON!
Think you got what it takes? Fill out a Player Application today!"

What that means, your guess is as good as mine. But it is October already. Pretty pathetic really, that no official announcements have been made by now if they really are trying to bring that league back. Your boy's a Magic Man...hahaha

RevolutionX
Site Admin

Post by RevolutionX » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:28 pm

[quote=""SugarBear""]
What that means, your guess is as good as mine. But it is October already. Pretty pathetic really, that no official announcements have been made by now if they really are trying to bring that league back. Your boy's a Magic Man...hahaha[/quote]

Magic man no, snake oil salesman, yes. What about Fayetteville, whats their status? Harrisburg? Anyone?

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:59 pm

[quote=""RevolutionX""]Magic man no, snake oil salesman, yes. What about Fayetteville, whats their status? Harrisburg? Anyone?[/quote]

I would be shocked if professional indoor football returned to Fayetteville in 2012.

Return to “SIFL”